Posters ON VQ Saying Darick Suspended Indefinitely

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by JZ1124, Dec 2, 2011.

1. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

2. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

I can confirm that the WATE reporter jumped the gun. Both Hubbs and Brice has said this not to be the case on VQ. It is their belief that DR must do some things to have his status fully reinstated, but he's not suspended or off the team. Their sources are from within the UT program. As stated in one of my earlier posts(how few that they are at this point) that Hubbs & Co. will only report what they can confirm.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's typical stuff for a guy that has to get his grades up.

There isn't anything more to it.

4. “@Vol_Football: [ddiapos]: "Da'Rick Rogers has not been suspended and is still a part of our football team."

5. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

Thanks for the clarification and I apologize for adding to the craziness going on this week...

6. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

Too little too late. I watched the LSU game with an old Vol receiver....can't repeat what he had to say about 21....in good taste anyway. Lets just say he was less than impressed with the effort.

I realize I'm not saying anything that hasn't been addressed....but wasn't it painfully obvious that Da'Rick was mailing it in. More importantly what would Al Wilson or Leonard Little to do a big ego sophomore? There are some things a head coach can't do. Dooley isn't blameless, but somebody on this team needs to help him control his mouth.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It was blatant.

I understand to a degree why he would get frustrated and say screw it with Matt Simms throwing him the ball though. However, it would be nice if there was someone on the team that would threaten to break their foot off in his ass for it.

I've talked to a few people that played with Al. One, a prominent player back then, said you didn't make mistakes because you were scared of Al. The coaches didn't bother you but going back to the huddle was awful.

8. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I just don't buy this line of thought. He pouts because he is now a bigger part of the offense? If true, he's a complete imbecile. At least TO and other diva receivers [itch bay] about not getting the ball enough.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

As good as he is, that shit won't take him anywhere in life. That's got to stop.

JG is right. Some of this is on the team. But it is sort of a big circle of Suck, and the coaches need to be the ones that break the chain. Instead, they're weaving baskets with them.

10. Smowkee

Smowkee New Member

The last thing this team needs right now is a diva.

11. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Let's put DR in his place: Carl Pickens was three times the diva but ten times the player. I would take about fifteen Vol receivers from the past before DR would even get a look. It would start with Pickens, Tim McGee and Alvin Harper. Peerless, Larry Seivers and Joey Kent would come off the bench. Kelly Washington and Donte Stallworth would get a look too. Pre-injury Justin Hunter would be there. Anthony Morgan would ball out. Stanley Morgan would get his shot. What about Willie Gault? I like him too. Can't forget about Robert Meachem either. A D'Mo? That guy tearing it up for the Raiders? Him too.

And then there is Rogers, a better version of Marcus Nash. And let's not forget, his dropped touchdown against South Carolina very well cost them the game, and Dooley his fanbase. Getting that toxicity out of the locker room -- if all the "rumors" are true -- may be a blessing in disguise.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Denarius Moore.

Robert Meachem.

Jason Witten lined up at WR.

13. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

You take Witten and I'll take Dustin Moore the five games his head was screwed on straight.

14. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

Not a TO fan by any means, but he at least backed his mouth up on the field.....21 has a great future as long as what I have him diagnosed with as Mossitis. Seems to take some plays off Ala Randy Moss.

15. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Then again, it always seems odd to me when the obvious fault seems to lie with the few good players.

The ego of a 19 year old kid isn't the problem with this football team. Strong leadership either washes him out or gets him on board, and the first place I look for that isn't to a senior class whose best player might be the guy pimpin' the white tuxedo; it is to the head coach.