Powerball

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Joseph Brant, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

So assuming you win 1/2 Billion dollars, I'm assuming anonymity isn't an option, because there's always a big shindig with the winner..

What would the recommended course of action be? From the eyes of the legal and financial minds that abound?

2. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Hire a lawyer, pay off bills for a year/debt/pressing stuff, sit on the rest of the cash for six months or so and continue with your business. Tell "long-lost family" to go to hell. Don't invest in stupid shit.

3. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Put an ad in the paper for a cocaine party.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

In certain states, your anonymity is legally protected.

5. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I'd pay Metaworldpiece to come to my house and talk about random shit. That dude has some unbelievable stories. Maybe he could tell me about his friend that got stabbed in the heart by a table leg and died.

6. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I would buy 240 dollars worth of pudding.

7. possumslayer

possumslayer Roadkill Guru

chicks only coke party

8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

1. Buy a small tropical island.
    2. Move there.

9. possumslayer

buy a 100,000,000 worth of stock in Jim beam ,a two story double wide and buy the golden nugget in panama city fla.

10. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

-- Get a suite at Neyland, invite the 8th
    -- Buy 10,000 acres, put house in middle of it and land minds at the perimeter

I like the concept of an island, but it would be a drain on your finances

11. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

A seat on millionaire's row at Thompson-Boling.

12. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Hire an attorney to represent you as a collective fund. The law office can claim the prize without revealing your identity. I think. It has been done before, but that may be state specific like IP said.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Y'all know that wire cam thing that ESPN uses at football games? If I win it, I'm putting in a similar device at Neyland except it is going to be my seat.

14. possumslayer

a statue of pat in front of TBA will erected if I win.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

it will leak out eventually. hire a lawyer immediately before you collect. take the lump sum. make a written public statement about wanting to protect your privacy. move immediately to a gated community. throw your immediate family a bone at the beginning and make it 100% clear that's all the money they are ever going to get.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  16. possumslayer

I'm hiring Hamas to protect me.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'd buy some commercial rental property, put 20 million back for my son, buy half the state of Missouri to hunt, reimburse the UTAD for Dooley's buyout and have a suite in Neyland and TBA.

18. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

Fully fund 8th website for eternity, Skybox at Neyland and have a hell of a party....then disappear into the sunset.

19. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

And I will also buy a room and fill it with guitars.

20. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

My idea has always been to make an investment of a few mil and let them take the interest but not touch the principal. Purchase their homes under a trust, so they don't have to deal with that. Then, if you could get 5% on the return that should be a comfortable enough living, so long as the principal remains intact.

Sound good, or flawed?