Prager: Paris Climate Agreement

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

[youtube]47bNzLj5E_Q[/youtube]

Partial transcript, emphasis (mostly) mine:

2. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

The wind story in Texas is becoming increasingly important as well - however subsidies played a key role there.

3. Tenacious D

From the National Review (the conservative bulwark, and cornerstone of the "Never Trump" movement - and who urged people to vote against him.) (Emphasis mine)

Trump Defends the Constitution and the Economy by Withdrawing from the Paris Climate Agreement

Link: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/448201/paris-agreement-trump-right-pull-out

4. Tenacious D

Ann Coulter (of late, a notably vigorous critic of some of President Trump's in/actions) on Twitter:

Laura Ingraham (Twitter):
    David French, National Review (Twitter):
    (Quick aside: Amen!)

Paul Joseph Watson (also a sincere Trump critic, of late) (Twitter):
    Jeff Immelt, GE CEO (Twitter) (Emphasis delightfully mine)
    (Quick aside: Tenny wept. [with joy])

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Did they mention what natural gas replaces that leads to less emissions?

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Or where most emissions come from?

Did they respond to the MIT scientists they are citing for their figures, who say they are taking their work completely out of context? Do they officially acknowledge that climate change is a real threat and due to anthropogenic causes?

Until there are more years than nos, the administration has no credibility.

7. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Haven't you heard? Much like sexy, we're bringing it back baby!

8. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

The huge lie perpetuated by RWNJs is that the gov't killed coal. Total bullshit. Their precious infallable free market (cheap natural gas) killed coal, and no amount of weeping, wailing nor gnashing of teeth by the right is going to bring it back.

9. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

This is probably the biggest issue I have. Trump and his admin need to stop with this coal narrative. They are perpetuating a lie and keeping alive false hope. You legitimately want to help these mining communities? Start by being honest about coal and work on creating viable jobs. It's not only about natural gas either, mining automation will pick up any increased (unlikely) coal production before these miners ever would.

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I have no doubt that Trump believes the rhetoric. He has shown that once he makes his mind up on something, no matter the facts, he believes it.

11. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

You mean once Fox News makes up his mind.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He hasn't exactly had the most harmonious relationship with that network.

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Fixed

14. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Good point.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Tenny, what is the binding legal agreement French is,referring to? You haven an amen, so I assume you can be specific.

Is the narrative that it ships American jobs overseas, or that it enriches globalists and keeps the third world poor? It can't be both, please clarify.

16. JayVols

The fatal flaw in this statement is the assumption Trump gives a shit about truth. He doesn't.

17. JayVols

There was someone in the election that had a plan just like that....

But, you know, emails.

18. JayVols

#fakenews

19. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I'm not sure Paris made sense so I'm conflicted on this one. I think that the meaningfulness of the actual commitments was practically zero (meaning no one had to do anything) yet there was a 100B/year financial hook for developed countries to pay to undeveloped. However, I also severely dislike the undertones of how backing out is perceived at home - I.e., screw all of Obama's policies and screw the hoax.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Bump. Tenny, I am hoping you can address my questions.