Predict Where Manziel will be drafted

Discussion in 'Sports' started by IP, May 5, 2014.

1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

And on top of all this, when height gets overvalued, it becomes self-fulfilling. And next thing ya know Jamarcus Russell is your #1 overall pick. And then next thing ya know......

[video=youtube;RRzrenuYYmw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRzrenuYYmw[/video]

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Vick did just fine against Florida state.

I apologize for throwing logic into this discussion

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Average American male height is 5'9. If height doesn't matter why are nfl qbs dramatically taller on average than other Americans?

4. kidbourbon

Are illiterate? Like literally, can you read?

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Are you? You are telling me that taller people throw it harder, well there are plenty of major league pitchers under 6 feet. One NFL starter. If arm strength was the only advantage you'd see far more exceptions than we do which is almost none.

Last edited: May 6, 2014
  6. kidbourbon

Please pretty please for the love of jesus christ superstar, joseph, and the holy mary mother of our lord, tell me more about this 'logic' of which you speak. I literally cannot wait to hear. I would love nothing more than for you to convey an actual articulable, coherent thought.

7. kidbourbon

You're like the guy who points to the 2-star recruit who panned out.

To be clear, I made a statement that, generally speaking, taller people can hurl a projectile farther than their shorter counterparts. Are you actually disputing that statement?

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

What the fact that a guy with 4 first round NFL (3 top 10) picks surrounding him might have inflated statistics and might look far better than he actually is? Matt Leinart didn't have that kind of talent. Nor did Vince young or Tim tebow.

9. kidbourbon

I'm actually being serious. I think you have a learning disability.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

No I'm disputing the theory that the only advantage tall people have as an nfl qb is throwing the ball hard. There are ample 6 feet young men who can throw the ball hard. You are telling me that not a one of them outside of drew Brees and Russell Wilson could be a top nfl qb in the past 30 years?

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Your hard on for Manziel is so big you are choosing to throw away 30 years of nfl history. Hell I defy you to name a college qb with that kind of college talent surrounding him that's continued that level of play in the nfl.

12. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Yeah, last years A&M team was so loaded that Duke pushed them around for 3 1/2 quarters. Your points are garbage.

13. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I don't think he'll go in the 1st round. 2nd is more likely, but I wouldn't be floored by a later pick.

14. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

Honestly, his points aren't garbage. At all. Manziel may be another exception to the norm, just like Russell Wilson, but he's not the prototypical QB. I would think that the best case scenario for him would be to end up a shorter version of Kaep.

I'll give you that he's much more accurate than Vick at this stage. I also think he's going to have the same ability as many of the other NFL QBs of keeping both his team and the other team in the game.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't think Manziel has great "football IQ". He scrambles around until the defense collapses and throws it up to Evans or takes off upfield.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Some GM and coach will be in KB's camp and take him high in the 1st.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

There aren't exactly loads of people walking around that are 6'4". I know maybe a handful, but probably know a few hundred in the 6' to 6'2" range. As far as high school QBs, an awful lot of them are fielding the most athletic guy in school, regardless of size. I don't claim to have an all-encompassing scope, but I sure haven't seen many pass-first offenses at that level.

Last edited: May 7, 2014
  18. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Were I Houston, I'd take him #1 overall, and never look back.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I'm taking about the offense obviously.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I agree. If tebow can be a first round draft pick anyone can be