Predict Where Manziel will be drafted

Discussion in 'Sports' started by IP, May 5, 2014.

1. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I'm thinking he'll will be playing in Jacksonville.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

There is a report he doesn't want to play for them, but this pick would be in line with the franchise history

3. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

Ive heard a million different scenarios. Latest is that he drops past the 10th spot and Tennessee and Dallas make a run at him.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

The cowboys thing is gaining steam, but how the hell do you do that when you have $15 mil a year going to romo?

5. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

[​IMG]

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Looks like NFL decision makers disagree on my evaluation. No way Dallas passes on him.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I think jerry jones is just trying to get the cowboys talked about. They've always been a next year team rather than thinking long term. I refuse to believe they'll bail on romo or have Manziel ride the bench.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

It would certainly be an abandoning of all reason and sanity given the contract they have made with Romo.

9. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

If I were to win the lottery tomorrow I'd take the two or three days needed to piece all Droski's statements into a glorious jigsaw puzzle of non-sequiturs and contradictions. It'd be a beautiful cohesion of non-cohesiveness, and the dumbassery would just leap off the page.

"He plays backyard football"
    "He's a system QB."

"He's too short to be successful"
    "I'm not saying he's too short to be successful, just that he's a brat"

"He's just like Tebow"
    "Tebow isn't a bratty rich kid"
    "He's just a sideshow attraction like Tebow. Some GM will fall in love with him despite his limited NFL skills"
    "He's just like Vick"
    "Don't compare him to Vick. Vick ran a 4.2, and had a better arm. You know real NFL skills."

"He's just like Newton"
    "Cam Newton isn't any good"
    Narrator: AYFKM?
    "Cam Newton's a pro bowler but that doesn't amount to anything in today's NFL"
    "Manziel will never amount to anything. He'll never be a pro bowler"

"Steve Young had to learn to pass well, and stop just running around, before he was any good"
    "Steve Young could pass great in college, what are you talking about?"

"He doesn't have Vick's arm."
    "Vick was never accurate because he ran around all the time"
    "Yeah, I agree Manziel's accurate. But that's just because he runs around and finds people."

"Look at how Vick was successful in college running around, but not in the pros"
    "yeah, okay, Vick didn't play against NFL talent in college"
    "But Vick didn't have top draft picks to throw to"
    Narrator: okay, Corky, we've established that Manziel played both with and against extensive NFL talent. Do you have anything else to add?
    "But you can't do that in the NFL."

"He's just Doug Flutie"
    "Well maybe he's Fran Tarkenton, but that was 1940s football"
    Narrator: what exactly is 1940s football?
    "Backyard football. You know, backyard football"
    "It's not like he's Fran Tarkenton or something."

Function Droski (infinitely_looping_nonsense)

While infinitely_looping_nonsense = 1 {

"Short QBs never make it."
    "Manziel is no Wilson. Wilson played in an NFL system in college."

"Manziel has bad mechanics"
    "Manziel is no Brett Favre. Yeah, Favre had bad mechanics, but he was in the right system."

"Manziel just runs around in the pocket."
    "Steve Young had to learn to quit running around in the pocket, remember? He had to become a polished QB."
    "Steve Young was polished right out of college, unlike Manziel."

"Let's not anoint him as the next Steve Young. In the modern era, QBs are 6-2, like Young. Manziel isn't. It's no coincidence that Steve Young was 6-2."
    "Short QBs never make it."​

infinitely_looping_nonsense= 1

}

"Yeah, so Brees is good, what are you like the VN poster who points out one 2-star recruit who was successful and says recruiting doesn't matter."
    "But look at Tim Lincecum. His arm's plenty good, and he's like 5'11"

[​IMG]

And the honest to God truth is that the actual non-sequitur collage would be tenfold more ridiculous than the above. The scope and magnitude of Droski's inanity is awe-inspiring. Like in a "I couldn't be that retarded and scatterbrained even if I were actively trying" type way. I mean, he's literally too stupid to insult. It's a unique skillset.

10. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I'll tell you, I'm 6 feet 0 inches and I am not an NFL quarterback, so maybe he's on to something?

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

At least half of that shit I never said. Forgive me for having multiple reasons why he will be a bust. What's your reason why he will be successful? Who's the blueprint? Or are you just going to criticize?

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

KB's endorsement is usually a kiss of death for a team or athlete

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

his best example is steve young who is 2 inches taller and reportably ran a 4.35 40 in pads and took 7 years before he was a decent NFL qb.

14. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I was wrong about first qb taken. I do like Bortles

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Now watch Manziel slide.

16. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Wasn't #4 but you got the rest right! Nice...

17. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex