President Obama coming to Pellissippi State

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by NorrisAlan, Jan 5, 2015.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Not at 7 degrees, it isn't. Hell, I need the room to be a solid 87 degrees just to convince my wife I am not a eunuch.

2. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

My brother works close to the area, his work told him he needs to come in a couple of hours early, and plan on staying a couple of hours late. His response was, don't plan on me coming in that day

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Tomorrow may be a big headache travel wise.

4. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

You can count on it by my experience.

5. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

My brother said it was terrible today going home

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I remember it being tough the two times Bush came.

7. CardinalVol

I worked the bush event in 02. He never left the airport.

Looks like he's taking Tennessee promise nationwide. Haven't seen the details, but as long as trade/tech school is involved then I think I like it.

8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Is that the free tuition for community colleges and votech schools?

9. CardinalVol

Yes

10. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I'm all for pushing trades during middle and high school, but not free trade/tech school and community college for everyone at tax payer expense.

11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

At tax payer expense? No.

12. CardinalVol

I want to hear the details of this before full endorsement or not.

Of the crap we spend money on, legitimate education seems like a no brainer to me.

13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

We're already nearing an educational bubble. I'm guessing more free money is only going to drive us faster to the cliff.

You're also going to see a lot of bullshit schools to meet the artificial demand.

14. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Does culinary school count as trade?

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

This is what will happen. It is sad because it is so obvious.

16. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

17. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Coming soon: the college individual mandate. Everyone who doesn't have a college degree by age 25 pays a fine on their taxes every year until they get one.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I know way too many loser 25 year old kids taking one community college class a semester, living at home, and mooching off their parents for years. You could sell me on us giving their money back after they graduate from a legitimate trade school or if they transfer to a 4 year college, but I see no reason to pay for regular community college. There are already too many people wasting time and money getting pointless community college degrees.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Oh, come on. That'd be really sweet for me.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

I teach community college and you are more often than not correct. There are some who use it well and learn a trade (CC's are different than they used to be) or transfer to a 4 year school, but many are just middle aged people desperately trying to figure out how to reinvent themselves to having something other than a dead end job, and not doing a good job of it. Some of them are veterans who have been spit out at an age and condition that makes it very difficult for them to enter the work force, and CC doesn't change that.