POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Did they follow it up with a "I asked a stupid question and was resoundingly told how stupid it was. I now know that, so I deleted it so people wouldn't know that I've been properly chastised for a stupid question. " ?

2. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I doubt Jack care much about Twitter these days. He's making all his money in Square right now.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Well, he has had a Presidency unlike any President before him.

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Cori Bush called Trump a white suprecist in chief today and her followers mention republikkkans are all racist. More unity. This is gonna get uglier and uglier if people dont stop the bullshit

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

So will the Senate still hold a trial post Jan 20? I assume they can.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

What is the trial for, at that point, after he has already finished his term? Just to remove his benefits and prevent him from running again?

7. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Yes. And to state whether or not he should be convicted.

8. fl0at_

The trial is to determine whether guilty.

There are things that come along with a conviction, but the trial is to determine guilt.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Okay, and the result of guilt is....? Removal from office (he's already gone if it happens after the 20th), removal of benefits, prevented from running again. Anything else?

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

God forbid there be a consequence to gaslighting people to the point of murderous insurrection. Who cares, the past is the past!

SetVol13, The Dooz and VolDad like this.
  11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I was just reading a piece about it and there doesn't seem to be a clear concensus whether you can or not.

Frankly I want it.

VolDad likes this.
  12. fl0at_

Prevented from running again would have to be a separate thing. It isn't part of impeachment.

I think he still keeps his secret service detail, if he wants it, as he should. He knew our nation's secrets.

13. NorrisAlan

I do believe a conviction in the Senate carries a ban from holding office again, but I will have to look.

Edit: I was wrong. It is a separate vote.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
  14. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

This is what worries me most. It would not surprise one bit if he decided to sell some intel.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I read that removal from office was one thing, and removal of benefits and ban from holding office again were two separate pieces that they could or could not push for.

You know the fix is in when they convict after his term is over, allow him to keep his benefits, and then prevent him from holding office again.

16. NorrisAlan

Historical ignominy and context. To me that is the biggest thing.

This is unacceptable behavior, future citizens, and it will get you jacked out of office.

SetVol13 likes this.
  17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Who are you talking to?

18. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Good.

Volgrad98 likes this.
  19. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

It is one of the worst things to happen to this country

20. fl0at_