POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

So Twitter along with too many kinds of milk to choose from and Greek yogurt are 3 of the worst things available to us

2. CitrusCo.Vol

CitrusCo.Vol Member

Evidently you don't own any stock

3. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Has Trump done anything wrong since the election and in particular last week? If Yes; what did he do wrong?

Assuming you believe he did something wrong, what do you think should be the consequences?

4. Ssmiff

appears Trump has come out and virtually begged for peace tonight. Lets just skip over that and keep talking about him calling for riots, which didn't happen

5. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Twitter is a private company. If you want a different one, make one. If you want different milk, get a cow. If you don't want greek yogurt, don't buy it.

6. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Trump to Rioters - "We love you, You're very special"

NorrisAlan likes this.
  7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You'll have to ask float, but I don't think we are allowed to use the word "wrong."

Do you mean wrong like morally or wrong like incorrect?

I think his preparation for and response to (or lack thereof) the riots in DC was wrong (incorrect).

I think his continuous assertions that the election was stolen and that he won by a landslide is wrong (morally and incorrect).

I think a lot of the shitty things he has said over the years have been wrong (morally).

I don't think there should be any consequences to the first one. He's an elected official and made a mistake. I'd say the consequence would be that it hurts his re-election chances, but he already lost.

For the second one, I don't think there should be any consequences. Politicians lie and say bull shit all the time. I think it has negatively impacted quite a few people's opinions of him, but again, he's already out, so it doesn't matter much.

I don't think there should be any consequences for the shitty things he has said over the years. People say shitty things all the time. It's just a fact of life.

8. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

A day late and a dollar short, done on the day of his impeachment. During the riots, he was watching them unfold and decided to tweet Pence wasn't being strong enough. Ten, ten, Republicans agreed he incited the crowd, more than any party of the president in an impeachment case and there would have been more if they weren't afraid of the backlash among the Trumpies. All these excuses for him and trying to parse what he said in order to find an angle which doesn't make him culpable is absurd. It's pretty damn obvious the environment he set up, the words and tenor he used to incite people and the understanding among the rioters. I have no idea what you are considering he didn't, but it's a strong bit of denial on your part here.

A fitting end, though, to the worst presidency in the history of the republic, one where he ignominiously gets impeached, has to record a timid video recording in order to stave off potential criminal responsibility and was the direct cause of his party losing the White House, Senate and House of Representatives. Good riddance.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Why can't you distinguish between the rioters and protesters?

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I suspect the speech tonight is what McConnell got out of him to let him finish the term.

11. Ssmiff

i need to see where he said that to rioters. Last I saw before he was banned from twatter, he was asking for peace and for people to go home. The tweets were deleted of course.

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I personally don't care what the man says post-facto. Much like Fulmer coming out back in the day and going "gonna work like heck".

Too late. And Trump has proven his words of contrition mean nothing, and he will go back on them the very next time he opens his mouth.

13. fl0at_

People are not politicians, and are held to a different standard. Why is this so hard for you? No-one is saying that the idiotic things you say every day should have any consequence. But if you are elected, anything, they should.

14. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Rioters, protestors, insurgents, insurrectionist, traitors, etc.; call them whatever you want.

15. fl0at_

He hasn't even denounced Guiliani's "trial by combat" crap. It's almost like he doesn't care to differentiate...

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

We've already established that republicans stand to gain from Trump being impeached and convicted. Preventing him from running again could be a huge win for them in 2024.

What makes his the worst presidency in the history of the republic, without mentioning the coronavirus? The dude probably gets re-elected easily if not for COVID and democrats effectively weaponizing it against him.

17. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I suspect the speech tonight was to save his ass financially.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

There were both rioters and protesters all summer. I accepted that they were different.

There were rioters and protesters in DC on the 6th. You should accept that they were different. A lot of people in here already have.

19. fl0at_

His entire presidency has been an epic fail on decency, lawfulness, dealings with foreign countries, trade and language, both abroad and home. That's what makes it the worst presidency in the history of the republic.

NorrisAlan, The Dooz and Volgrad98 like this.
  20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

He should denounce that. I'll add that to my lists of things he's done (or not done) wrong. Guiliani's piece was the worst part of the entire thing, language wise.