POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

One sided in as it is 10 v 1 or the talk is all one sided?

Either way, it simply means you have run out of rebuttals and you resort to what-aboutisms. It is poor debate skills.

I'll again use the analogy of bass fishing vs hunting. They have little to do with one another, why should I have to talk about both when I am discussing one of them.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I dont think it means one has run out of rebuttals. I think it comes about often after people read the same shit over and over.
    Then somebody says "remember when....?" and the ones repeating the same stuff over and over say "no you can't bring that up". Makes no sense to me unless someone prefers one side and not to hear anything unsupportive of that stance.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think the issue is that you have prejudged things as equal at best. What if they are not? What if things aren't the same, or what is being brought up is not at all relevant to the present?

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

This has nothing to do with people being tired of the same stuff "over and over". It's about making a relevant argument because the one who "prefers one side and not to hear anything unsupportive of that stance" is the one who does the Whataboutism.

The commentary has been about new info on Trump. It's also in the thread dedicated to taking about Trump. It shouldn't be a shock as to why he's being discussed here. There's no news about the Clinton Foundation and it's only brought up to avoid an undesired look at Trump. So, yes, it is about a lack of rebuttals.

5. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I think, if nothing else, we can all agree that neither the Clintons nor the Trumps should be anywhere near a position of power.

Once we make sure none of them are, then we can start arguing degrees to which they all [uck fay]ing suck.

doolmeonce, SetVol13, Poppa T and 2 others like this.
  6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Just rotating out politicians instead of creating dynasties and power families would help

justingroves likes this.
  7. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I can't get the people lamenting a Bush, Clinton political dynasty then in the next breath wishing Michelle Obama was president.

justingroves likes this.
  8. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

She doesn't seem to want it, which would probably make her better than most. But I haven't seen anything that would make me want her to be it.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  9. IP

IP Super Moderator

She doesn't seem to get why people think she should be either-- other than the last name, and she is smart enough to be disturbed by that. I think she sees it the same way you do.

10. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Hell, I don't get why people would really want her. I understand on a superficial level, but there's nothing I see in her which says leader of the free world.

Poppa T, TennTradition and NorrisAlan like this.
  11. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

The power-brokers have done a good job of taking the real attributes needed to effectively lead a democratic Republic off the table, from President to Senate to House.

It reminds me of the HS elections of popularity versus substance. We have become more selfish, lazy and gullible.

12. Ssmiff

Let's be real and admit some would want her because she's a woman and black. Some wouldn't want her because she's a woman and black. Some want her because she's Obamas wife. Others don't for same reason.
    Only reason I could see is because she truly doesn't want the power. Good asset for a leader imo, especially in politics.

13. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Ssmiff endorsing Michelle Obama is not what I expected to see tonight.

justingroves likes this.
  14. Ssmiff

Anybody opposite of what we've had the last few years is good with me

emainvol likes this.
  15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

16. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

The Jan. 6 select committee seemed close to concluding that compelling Republican lawmakers to testify wasn’t worth the inevitable ugly fight. Then Rep. Mo Brooks dropped a bomb.

The Alabama Republican revealed in a public statement last week that former President Donald Trump had repeatedly, and recently, raised the idea of attempting to rescind the 2020 election results and reinstall him as president. It was a stunning allegation that would show Trump not only attempted to subvert the 2020 election while in office, but that he is extracting promises from allies to try again if they take power in 2023.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/jan-6-panel-had-cooled-224112437.html

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

18. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Tomorrow Trumpkin gets handed his first major defeat in Georgia since the Presidential election.

19. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

How do you see the races turning out?

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Interesting to see Pence standing on his own.