POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

When everyone has the same take, that's when a curveball comes. What if DeSantis punts on 2024?

T sounded tired last night. I listened to the whole thing. His judge dredd proposal for countering selling drugs by executing the same day they are arrested is terrifying.

And I am not seeing it get acknowledged, which is weird.

2. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Gonna be honest. I saw he announced and went on about my day. Didn't watch or read about it. Trump Round 1 was so wild and unexpected it was a huge draw. This time he has his hardcore supporters on the party which could make the primary interesting, but most people no longer care for him. It's almost like he has to keep one upping himself. No telling what will come out of his mouth this time.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  3. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

He seriously suggested this?

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yes, explicitly. He didn't say Judge Dredd style, he described in detail that he would make so that if you are caught dealing drugs you would be tried and executed that same day.

So not just suggested. Is campaigning on.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I haven't seen anything about same day, but he has been calling for capital punishment for drug dealing, saying it would drop drug sales by 75% because of the deterrent. Never mind that the deterrent for murder hasn't ever stopped murder one bit.

He is now just a sideshow and will use the next two years to grift his cult for every penny he can before going away.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Part of me wonders (hopes?) that Trump/Desantis go like Boyd/Black did and go after each other so much that a 3rd person can win.

utvol0427 likes this.
  7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Yikes.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

It seems to have flown under the radar somehow.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The Daily podcast (NYT) talked about him announcing, and the host said something along the lines of "I wonder if any members of the GOP are now regretting not taking advantage of one of their multiple opportunities to be rid of him via impeachment."

Talk about saying the quiet part out loud.

10. CardinalVol

Honestly, I don't think him announcing is that newsworthy.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Calling for same day trial and executions of nonviolent alleged criminals is so bonkers but it is coming from him so no one notices... except he was POTUS and is running again.

Imagine somehow your family member is accused or allegedly found in possession of an illegal substance... and before you even hear about it they were tried and executed. It's wild. But buried in an hour long snoozer announcement speech so it has gone unacknowledged.

He follows through to the best of his ability on what he says, and the wilder the more likely he is to follow through all the way.

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Execution? Put to death?

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I am pretty sure that is what I heard. Will look for a YouTube video and find the spot when I get home.

That no one is talking about is making me doubt myself and thinking I misunderstood.

14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Yeah I would like to see that. I didn't watch it. That would be next level crazy and would never get done.

15. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Okay I am not crazy. But everyone here now knows without a doubt I listened to that whole speech, which feels like an "L".

NorrisAlan likes this.
  17. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Like sitting through a Butch Jones press conference.

SetVol13, NorrisAlan and lumberjack4 like this.
  18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

That was my exact thought. I would rather swallow a lightbulb.

19. CardinalVol

I'm just saying him announcing isn't news-cycle worthy so it's not going to hit anyone's radar.

Plus, he's said such ridiculous stuff for 7 years that it doesn't register like it did.

20. peelwonder

peelwonder Member

Guy is such as Ass Clown and TBH I'm pretty sure he doesn't even come close to the nomination this time. I obviously lean right but consider myself somewhat moderate but he just need to go the [uck fay] away.

NorrisAlan likes this.