POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's a license to steal legally

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

If you can’t get a loan without paying corporate income taxes someone might want to tell Jeff bezos

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

why is it the only industry where you can sell one investment for a huge profit and buy another and pay no capital gains?

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I get a lot of work from companies that buy a property, spend like hell on it then turn around and lease them out. I am not an accountant but it seems like a good way to write off all kinds of stuff

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't know but getting those properties ready for sale pays my bills

droski likes this.
  6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

If you read the article it says his expenses for the golf courses he bought, one which is worth close to a billion, doubled. This is no different than amazon spending billions a year on infrastructure and writing it off on their taxes.

justingroves likes this.
  7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

This is only a gotcha moment because 90 percent of the country doesn’t understand how taxes work.

zehr27 likes this.
  8. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

His loans aren't all corporate, I don't believe, he has pulled in a lot of contractors to do work on his own properties. He might not be pulling loans on them, but... he might be, as well. His assets would cover those loans, but if he still inflated assets, that would be illegal, on the application.

So for some reason we're not talking about the same thing. Are these taxes corporate or personal?

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

there’s no evidence he inflated the assets. His income taxes have little to do with his net worth or the value of his properties.

corporate

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Again amazon has a 1.2 trillion market cap and has only paid corporate taxes like 2 years of its existence. No one thinks amazon is bankrupt

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Were these Trump's personal tax returns or tax returns for Trump's business? Are they separate? If they are separate and these are his personal taxes, how can he live like a king and pay no income tax?

yes, I am coming at this from my bias of loathing the man, and am looking for education here. I don't want to bash the man for something that is a non-starter, which this might just be.

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Ah. Then this is a non-starter. No company "makes money", hardly.

It's bullshit, but it is how our tax system is rigged.

13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Corp America. When i first got into my business, the guy mentioned he claimed next to nothing and ran everything through his companies.
    Its common. Smalltime guy does it, gets audited and in a bind. Big corp America does it and then deducts even more to pay millions to lawyers and accountants. Half of America doesnt pay a dime. Others have it automatically deducted and no say in it. Then others pay but spend time figuring out how not to pay so much since they already pay too much

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Who's saying he's bankrupt? I'm just saying he's inflated his net worth in his patting himself on back. He's still plenty wealthy, just nothing like he wants us to believe.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't think anyone on this site said it, but there's plenty that do

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

He's nowhere close to bankrupt personally (some entities might be).

But his empire is built on debt and IMO he's still very leveraged.

17. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I thought these were personal taxes. So his entire corporation only payed $750 in income taxes last year? That seems like a personal tax value to me.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

plenty of companies pay corporate income taxes, but a real estate company has a lot of ways to avoid paying taxes and especially a guy like trump who probably pushes the envelope.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

tons of people say he is. it's pretty obvious he's not worth $20 bil or whatever he is claiming, but forbes had him at $3 bil i think which sounds about right given what's been disclosed about his loans and what his property is worth.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

90% of real estate guys believe in being heavily leveraged. That's part of the game.