POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Well, the original article itself had similar information, but I’m not sure anyone read it:

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

This article is a little strange to me. So the Secret Service and WH deny this, but People has their own "knowledgeable source" that confirmed an agent on the Kushner detail used a bathroom in Obama's garage in 2017... And that agents on the Kushner detail have used a porta potty for a time and even Mike Pence's place... So that seems to all but confirm that there was something different about the Kushner residence in terms of bathroom use.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Then you might have to settle for the quote from the Secret Service in the original article:

"Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner have not denied Secret Service personnel access to their home to include use of the restroom.”

I just don’t get why we care about this stuff. It’s like gossip. Reminds me of the stuff about Trump and the hero dog from a while back. People are just looking for any reason to get their feathers ruffled. Our energy could be better spent elsewhere, in my mind.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm interested because I used to cut through that neighborhood driving home, and agents would casually pop out and onto the side walk as you go by. And now I wonder if their bladders and bowels were in distress.

5. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

The details should have known shifts and coverage. It is unfathomable to me that someone on a protection detail was like "Welp, can't protect you for the next 15, gotta go to the bathroom."

So nobody should be in distress, because they should be relieved, before they relieve themselves.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Pretty sure I will have an invite to Trump's going away gala by the time the sun sets today.

TennTradition likes this.
  7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Hah. No doubt. Eric Trump might get one at this rate.

TennTradition likes this.
  8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Let's not go overboard here.

He's invited the Mooch and Kelly. Wonder if Corker got one yet?

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

10. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Damn, the long game ability is elite there.

11. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Women hold grudges like you wouldnt believe.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

My wife STILL brings up a bowl of hers I broke when we were dating 30 years ago.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Embrace it.

[​IMG]

JohnnyQuickkick and SetVol13 like this.
  14. fl0at_

Ah, that explains eBay.

See, my wife has a favorite bowl. So I found a duplicate on eBay, and swapped them. Now, when I inevitably break that bowl... it will have been a duplicate.

The founders of eBay must have run in to similar issues.

15. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

My wife inherited the tackiest Christmas decoration from her grandmother, some red light up flashing plastic bells, that we put out every year because it reminds her of her grandmother.

I found a strand on eBay a few years back that I've had stashed at my office for one of two scenarios: 1.) They stop working (doubtful as they are 30+ years old and going strong) or 2.) I break them at some point (likely). Either way, I've got them to swap out secretly if necessary.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

17. fl0at_

It's time to move on from Trump. Unless he's being arrested, running for office, or running his mouth, I don't want to see, or hear of him.

Retire him.

warhammer and Ssmiff like this.
  18. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I'm perfectly happy to move along into the Biden era and haven't given Trump much of any thought since he left. However, I do have the caveat of needing accountability for the egregious issues present within his administration.

Frankly, the only real way he becomes relevant again is if the fringe element manages to keep him in the loop. You've still got people like Gaetz stating Trump is still the leader of the Republican Party. How many of these folks are there to make noise? Does he try to make his own party, as he expressed in his last days in office?

It does feel like his energy and relevance dramatically dissipated once he left on Marine One and I do think his days of being a real player are pretty much over. He's old, seemingly unhealthy, with mounting legal issues and a diminishing support level with no real means or likelihood to expand it. Getting booted from Twitter seemed to have sucked all the energy from him.

19. fl0at_

He sucked but unless it can't be unsucked, we can move on.

Which isn't to say people shouldn't post their conscious, as McConnell said.

But, if Trump can EO his people and bar them from lobbying, and it was legal.

Then Biden should be able to bar Trump's people from lobbying as well, so it's a non-issue highlighting a known corrupt dude.

warhammer likes this.
  20. fl0at_

VolDad calling balls and strikes.

How would you compare 2004 to now? Did you call one wrong?