POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

But the alternative, to deny the platforms and the many good who use them, for the few bad who misuse them can't occur.

Not saying that's what you're calling for, but I'm not sure what the answer is.

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I’ve said this for a good bit, but I’ll say it again; stop not clicking everything.

Be a complete anomaly, like everything, everywhere.

Volst53, justingroves and Tenacious D like this.
  3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

A firm collected publicly disclosed data, used it to profile users, and then sent targeted political ads to the users based on the profiles.

If you're not paying for something, you're not the customer. You're the product. It's right in the user agreement that Facebook is going to sell your information.

Obama used the same thing in his campaigns. I know it's more icky with Trump, but it's still the same game.

4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

It's the 21 century. If you're doing business or on social media on the Internet, you are a target to advertisers.

I don't have an issue with this or what Obama did as it's just targeted marketing.

5. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

The bigger takeaway is how easily people are manipulated. Scoffing at the very idea while digital strings guide us to the desired end.

6. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Did my taxes last week, pretty upsetting, but the lady says I'll be going down a couple of tax brackets this year, thank you Trump!

I'm sure it'll just be a different type of ass raping this year from uncle Sam. But it will be exciting to find out what the new way feels like.

zehr27 likes this.
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Former UT professor Dan lipinski narrowly held off a challenger from the left to get the den nomination for the congressional seat he has held since 2004 in Illinois. He will now face the neo nazi the GOP nominated in the general, Arthur jones. That's not my label, it is what members of the GOP called him, who loudly denies the holocaust occurred.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I hate Illinois nazis.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

It just feels like this element within the present conservative zeitgeist gets laughed off, ignored, or maybe just accepted as a cost of doing business. Tenny has made comments that seem to dismiss it's existence, implying earlier that he is called these things.

10. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I think there's a fascist minority element in both parties.

zehr27 likes this.
  11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Absolutely there are, from Neo-Nazi's to anti-globalists.

Fascism is such a hard thing to pin down to what it is, and I had listed Eco-Terrorists in there as well, but not sure they are hard line nationalists.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

And both are vulnerable to exploitation by russia or other foreign actors. The partisan total victory quest is becoming a national security liability. We have to compromise. Have to.

gcbvol and NorrisAlan like this.
  13. NorrisAlan

Wish I could like this a lot more than I can.

Compromise has become such a sin it is laughable.

14. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

They were Nazis Dude?

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

At least they have an ethos

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You only got one of the Nazi movie references. If you haven't seen this, stop what you are doing and get the movie.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Assignment accepted

18. NorrisAlan

You have never seen the Blues Brothers? Wtf dude.

justingroves likes this.
  19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

If Trump is serious about draining the Swamp, he'll veto this spending bill.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Lose-lose situation for him. Already had 2 shutdowns in his first year.