POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

If the Democrats are smart, they let this die and concentrate on a) his policies and combating them and b) let the Southern District worry about the Presidents campaign finance and possible inauguration funding issues.

Combat Trump the President, not Trump the Russian Spy.

2. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Ben Shapiro's take is fair:

Trump and his campaign engaged in deeply embarrassing and immoral but non-criminal behavior. In attempting to avoid that embarrassment, Trump engaged in more deeply embarrassing and immoral but ultimately non-criminal behavior.​

VolDad likes this.
  3. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Obstruction is laughable. He committed no crime and did not hamper Mueller. Search for those needles.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

the Russia stuff that was rumored with substantial detail is all confirmed in the report. the report just didn't find direct coordination, but all the contact and receptive comments are there. that's not collusion, but it is disgusting and disgraceful.

5. TennTradition

Democrats will have a hard time with it. You’re right. But that kind of pivot is tough to imagine.

VolDad likes this.
  6. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Quiet now. They’ve waited so long.

7. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Certainly, this won't take him down, but I do think it's significant to note he tried to do illegal acts, or subjectively illegal acts, and was shut down by people around him. The story of his presidency, his incompetent ass shut down from trying to do shit he is allowed or supposed to do. He's a child playing leader and always has been. Fortunately, there are a couple of adults minding the playpen and keeping this from become complete chaos, the non-Stephen Miller types.

Then, he spent almost two years trying to denigrate the investigators, manipulate the message and had his lackeys, like AG Barr, put their spin upon it until they had no recourse but to release the info, finally, to the public.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Mueller found 10 items that are actionable, but saw it as Congress's role. it's in the report.

9. Tenacious D

No collusion.
    No obstuction.

The House should immediately move to impeach.

10. TennTradition

Wait. It’s not laughable. Mueller clearly said there were serious questions and considerations.

Mueller also said he tried time and again to clearly obstruct and folks wouldn’t carry it out. What was left were serious questions of obstruction but none that Mueller would charge (though he wouldn’t charge anyway because he was a sitting president).

I’m not saying this is a smoking gun or even trying to make something of it. This is the same thing Barr wrote in his letter.

11. Tenacious D

You know my intent now?
    How diverse is it, really?

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

the report did not say that. it said it could not clear him of obstruction, in fact.

13. Tenacious D

I can’t say that you didn’t shove a pineapple up your ass.

Did you?

14. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

An I sincerely hope they try and die on that hill.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I didn't take you to be a party over country guy.

16. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Yes. Bottom line is he's a bad guy. This is something we've know all along. Everyone knows it. Some care, some don't. Being a bad guy does not equal criminality, though. So here we are, the same place we've always been only with more evidence of his 'badness'.

17. TennTradition

You’re trolling.

No collusion.

Obstruction?

That’s the report.

18. TennTradition

Reaching.

19. Tenacious D

What’s another way to say, “When it comes to illegal acts, they were not tied to Russia to the extent that could be proved.”?

Can you think of another, possibly more simply and accurately, way of succinctly saying the same thing?

20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I am a Country over Dumb Asses guy.