POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

That’s a fallacy. If that was the logic then the report would not have exonerated him of collusion.

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

How do you possibly misunderstand the part where I say that “the House should move to immediately impeach”?

How much more clear could I possibly be?

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

clearly not.

4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Co-worker of mine described it as more “slime than crime” and I think it’s fair enough.

Tenacious D and gcbvol like this.
  5. Tenacious D

I’m glad I was sitting down when I read this, for fear that such a sudden and shocking surprise as this may have caused me to faint.

zehr27 likes this.
  6. TennTradition

I will actually clarify that in a way that’s important (to me, personally)

When it comes to illegal acts, they were not tied to Russia (or at least no evidence was uncovered to indicate it).

That is no collusion.

I’ve had no problem saying that since Barr’s letter. It was surprising to me. But that doesn’t mean I can’t say it.

7. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Agree. Worst possible action is to try to push impeachment over attempted obstruction.

8. Tenacious D

Don’t you guys own the House?
    Isn’t that where impeachment must begin?

If you think he’s guilty, begin impeachment proceedings.

Or don’t, and admit you were wrong.

This is an entirely straightforward process, from here.

9. TennTradition

Well, that’s your opinion, man.

My opinion is that they would be better-served by waiting on that.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

who gives a shit? who is going to change their minds based on impeaching him?

it is a non issue either way.

11. Tenacious D

You stay out of this, leave them be, and give it a few days.

12. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

2020. Americans simply do not react well to impeachment.

13. Tenacious D

No, I disagree. These are exactly the sort of things you’d want to start off an impeachment for obstruction of justice:

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

yeah i don't see how this is anything, but a complete vindication.

cnn and others are trying to spin the "i'm f'ed" comment into admission of guilt, but are completely ignoring the context

15. TennTradition

I haven’t read through the 10 acts that were ‘left to Congress’ (per IP). Did Mueller actually say that? Seems odd given the AG is the recipient of the report.

However, I would think that any evidence actually documenting Trump’s deals with Pecker (corroborated by Pecker and Cohen) that might signal concern over electability if the stories got out would be infinitely more impeachable. Not that you couldn’t impeach on whatever the hell you want, but (though I haven’t read in detail) the fuel just doesn’t seem to be there.

16. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Keep pretending that Democrats are fighting for some Noble cause. It has been 3 years of Trump Collusion for their own political interest and none other.

17. TennTradition

I agree.

When I read the first sentence, I was like ‘Oh, really?’

But then you read on to the rest of his comments and it’s an entirely reasonable take, even if totally innocent.

18. Tenacious D

What’s another and more direct way of saying, “the report didn’t find coordination.”?

Coordination between whom?

Did you see the part where Mueller made no mention of TennTra shoving pineapples up his ass? Because I’ve heard that there’s a report floating about, and which may suggest it happened.

19. TennTradition

Well if their political interest opposes Trump at the same time, then it could be fairly noble. However, I agree the Trump collusion bandwagon has had egg on their faces for weeks (this includes me to the extent that I was surprised there wasn’t more). Those with access had to know, surely, that this was where it was heading ???

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

take a look at cnn.com and tell me there is no bias in the media.

Tenacious D likes this.