POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Trump would annihilate Buttigieg in 2020.

Recall your fascination with Beto, just a few weeks ago, please.

TennTradition and GahLee like this.
  2. Tenacious D

Not the liberal ones.

3. Tenacious D

Show me the proof. Until then, this is silliness, threatening the bounds of madness.

NorrisAlan and TennTradition like this.
  4. Tenacious D

You’re not talking about the same thing that he is.

He’s talking about the theory involving FISA abuses, Obama spying on the Trump campaign and using foreign governments - namely the UK & Australia - to do so via the Five Eyes Accord.

TennTradition likes this.
  5. Tenacious D

I’m wholly unprepared to defend Trump against allegations that he hasn’t gone too far.

6. Tenacious D

Well.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

"The investigation did not always yield admissible information or testimony, or a complete
    picture of the activities undertaken by subjects of the investigation. Some individuals invoked
    their Fifth Amendment right against compelled self-incrimination and were not, in the Office's
    judgment, appropriate candidates for grants of immunity. The Office limited its pursuit of other
    witnesses and information such as information known to attorneys or individuals claiming to be
    members of the media?in light of internal Department of Justice policies. See, Justice
    Manual 9-13.400, 13 .410. Some of the information obtained via court process, moreover, was
    presumptively covered by legal privilege and was screened from investigators by a filter (or
    taint) team. Even when individuals testified or agreed to be interviewed, they sometimes
    provided information that was false or incomplete, leading to some of the false-statements charges
    described above. And the Office faced practical limits on its ability to access relevant evidence as
    well-- numerous witnesses and subjects lived abroad, and documents were held outside the United
    States.

Further, the Office learned that some of the individuals we interviewed or whose conduct
    we investigated including some associated with the Trump Campaign deleted relevant
    communications or communicated during the relevant period using applications that feature
    or that do not provide for long-term retention of data or communications records. In
    such cases, the Office was not able to corroborate witness statements through comparison to
    contemporaneous communications or fully question witnesses about statements that appeared
    inconsistent with other known facts.

Accordingly, while this report embodies factual and legal determinations that the Office
    believes to be accurate and complete to the greatest extent possible, given these identified gaps,
    the Office cannot rule out the possibility that the unavailable information would shed additional
    light on (or cast in a new light) the events described in the report."

"
    Accordingly, while this report does not conclude that the President committed a
    crime, it also does not exonerate him."

Take whoever you would like to court, discovery ought to be interesting.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Bring it on, GahLee. Shit all over the Constitution. You still don't know it's horseshit. The report makes it clear there are information gaps on the collusion issue, and even then the only reason Jr. isn't being indicted is because they don't think they can prove he knew what he did was illegal-- which is to say his actions were illegal, but they can't prove intent.

9. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

No chance. And I have never felt the same about Beto. I talked about his charisma and that's pretty much all he has. Trump wants no part of Pete. Whatever "it" is, he has it. Fortunately for Trump he'll likely not make it through the primary.

10. Tenacious D

Y’all could achieve discovery via an impeachment proceeding.

Honestly, if the Dems aren’t going to move to impeach him, they just need to shut up and sit down.

GahLee likes this.
  11. Tenacious D

Trump would annihilate Buttigieg in 2020.

GahLee likes this.
  12. gcbvol

Zero chance. Zero. And I pray you get the opportunity to hide and watch.

tvolsfan and TennTradition like this.
  13. Tenacious D

What’s another word for “can’t charge him”?

14. Tenacious D

Cool, cool.

15. gcbvol

As an aside I've determined in the social media space the hardcore Bernie supporters are remarkably similar to the hardcore Trump supporters. Aggressive, belligerent and peddlers of conspiracy. If Bernie is the nominee we'll all need psychotherapy after an election between those two and their respective posses.

Poppa T, NorrisAlan and TennTradition like this.
  16. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Jesus, a coup? Treason? It seems some people need a dictionary. Coups are also ones in nature where the opposition party takes over, not one where there's an independent counsel and could, possibly, end in making Mike Pence president.

I'll look for those tanks rolling down Pennsylvania Avenue, though. Those dirty Democrats, for sure.

tvolsfan likes this.
  17. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

They aren't ready.

18. GahLee

No it isn't. Comey and Brennan?

19. GahLee

After two years this is the hill they have you dying on....and I'm the conspiracy theorist. I'm reminded of the scene between Sansa and Tyrion in the season 8 opener.

20. GahLee

Heard this garbage before. Please explain what he has done for South Bend that makes you believe he could be the most powerful man in the world?