POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Who has a zero percent tax rate?

justingroves likes this.
  2. IP

IP Super Moderator

amazon, for example.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

That’s because they have a massive tax loss carry forward and haven’t been profitable very often.

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

As I noted previously, no one has created more defined positions on him than Trump, meaning his approval rating isn't going to move much.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

yep, can't make a dime. I suspect this is a common refrain of billion dollar companies. yet they never fold and everyone keeps getting big salaries and dividends. Magic.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

It’s pretty well known why they haven’t been profitable. And it’s hardly the norm. Amazon doesn’t pay dividends.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

IP thinks public companies don’t want to make money

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Activision-Blizzard has their company "based" in the Netherlands. They paid zero federal taxes because of it, either to the USA or the Netherlands, because of how the tax code works.

As I understand it, and I am sure someone can explain to me that it really isn't that way.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

no, I know they do. I don't believe it when billion dollar companies grow and spend and dominate their market but are not making any money.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

we are losing money. better open up more hubs and locations.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

oh man, we lost money again. let's start a streaming service. oh darn, it is extremely popular and our stock is way up. but we keep losing money! also, here is a bonus.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

You have any idea how much amazon spends on infrastructure and r&d? Bezos has always believed in spending money

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jonmarkman/2017/05/23/the-amazon-era-no-profits-no-problem/amp/

I’m sure you can come up with another example of a company dominating their market and not paying taxes.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Are you under the impression amazon treats their employees well? Do you really think they are giving out $10 billion in stock bonuses?

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I was told my city must give massive tax breaks because of all the good high paying jobs. is that not true?!

Boy, hope all the ancillary benefiting companies don't spend on R and D or consultants.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

They are free to spend all their profits on expanding too and not make any money

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

They pay well. They just expect you to work 80 hours a week.

What consultants? What are you talking about?

18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Fuuuuuuuuuuck that

kmf600 likes this.
  19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

exactly. no thanks.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

one of the wife's of my friends works for them and likes it. she says it's not as bad as advertised. that being said i get the impression she works very long hours. there have been multiple articles written about how crazy the culture is there.