POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

But they're main drivers on innovation, so if that's your cup of tea. I guess it's not that bad.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

it's a free country

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I have no issue with it. No one has a gun to their head making them do it.

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I believe that you are being intellectually honest and sincere on the issue, but struggle with your own personal bias / political considerations / penchant for paralysis by analysis in that process.

Had I doubted that you were at least willing to listen to reasonable arguments, and admit reasonable conclusions when reached, I’d have stopped talking to you about it, beyond the posting of Trump gifs, instead.

5. Tenacious D

This isn’t at all true, and might be the single stupidest thing ever posted on this site.

Any disconnect which now exists (and is growing) between liberals and non-libs has resulted from libs cutting the ropes on their side of the bridge. And we are all worse for it.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

exactly. i worked like that when i was in my 20s. enough was enough

7. Tenacious D

How can one possibly hope to avoid such preposterous nonsense?

This reads like you think the problem lies in others wishing to avoid flying donkey shit, instead of the jackass flinging it.

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

No, what I am saying is that people focus on the donkeys flinging donkey shit instead of the guy over here making rational arguments about some small changes that need to be made, even if they are "liberal". There is a reason everyone barks about AOC, Bernie and Warren, because they make the most preposterous claims. it is low hanging fruit, and all liberal ideas by association must be equally dumb.

I argue this isn't true, but we focus on the whackjobs. Just like people focus on the ultra-right wing stuff instead of the stuff just right of center.

9. Tenacious D

I care about this, and a great deal.

I also care about the skyrocketing costs of a college education and the burgeoning student loan crisis.

And I care a great deal about our children not having a full or realistic opportunity to ever be debt-free, to own a home, to financially contribute to themselves, their families and society.

And I care a great deal about wealth inequality, particularly as it relates to the middle class becoming increasingly fewer and threatening disappearance.

And I care a great deal about black churches being burned down, of black men not feeling equal - or even safe - in certain situations or parts of this country, of a predominant number of black kids being raised without a father, or of black women struggling to raise them on their own.

And I care a great deal about illegal immigrants being treated as slaves in this country, in cells at the border or who are being raped, trafficked or murdered while trying to make it here.

And I care about people who have guns, but clearly shouldn’t, but who I’m forced to defend because the libs want most / all guns removed, and whether they’ll now admit it or not.

And I care a great deal that everyone deserves and should enjoy an equal opportunity at life, liberty and the honest pursuit of happiness.

And I am gravely concerned that some seem to love anything more than our country, and that this is causing us to become increasingly
    polarized groups, and where the voices of the dumbest and most extreme are all that we can - or care - to hear. I worry that America may irrevocably splinter beneath the weight of our own stupidity and hubris.

I’m concerned about all of these things, and many, many more and others - all squarely in the liberal’s wheelhouse, and where they should be shining in leadership. But who instead now spend their time calling me and everyone and everything a racist, or a rapist, or a gang rapist, or dumb, or xenophobic, or homophobic or trying to convince me how smart they are, oftentimes, by doing increasingly dumber and dumber shit.

10. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Does he want the government to take over public companies?

11. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

If you don't want the government to try and fix those problems, you don't want want them fixed. Right?

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm IP, why are you asking the mind reader?

the answer to your question is no.

13. Tenacious D

That’s the frequent allegation.

I am more afraid of an all-powerful government than anything else. It can take away everything, from everyone, whenever it wants.

That’s great when it’s doing stuff you like (Obama’s years as POTUS), but not so much when the same is done against what you want (Trump).

If the current system of ever increasingly expanding the size, scope and power of the federal government had been stopped, these same libs would be sitting around laughing at Trump, largely unconcerned about what little impact he’d actually have.

14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Spending all profits on tax deductible items that help grow your business, what a dumbass thing to do.

15. cpninja

cpninja Member

16. Tenacious D

1. Gender identity is not a federally protected class.

2. Trump supports the right of a transgendered person to marry, as he has done from the outset, and which none of his predecessors had similarly supported when assuming office. On that important point, he absolutely is the most GLBTQ friendly POTUS, ever.

I don’t see how this in any way changes that fact.

17. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

allowing the incarcerated to vote, that’s a new one.

18. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I didn't realize Maine and Vermont already allowed it. I'm not in favor of allowing votes from prison, but those who have been released absolutely should get their right to vote returned to them.

tvolsfan and IP like this.
  19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I also think they should be allowed the rights of the 2nd amendment too.

If they're too unsafe to be a full citizen, keep their ass locked up

tvolsfan, IP and NorrisAlan like this.
  20. IP

IP Super Moderator

I agree. and if folks don't agree, I assume they are open to a constitutional convention to provide more explicit verbiage to the 2nd amendment