POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

possible

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

You greatly overestimate the amount of people that want to do this for themselves.

3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

At a certain level, like at your size, I agree with you. But there are a lot of would be otherwise lifetime helpers that think they know enough after only a few days on the job site that would be trunk slamming if it wasn't for the regs.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They weed themselves within 6 months

5. fl0at_

6 months is enough to damage earnings. And that's a near ending resource, especially around the time high school graduates. Which is yearly.

6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

This and you generally get to go back and fix what they [uck fay]ed up and charge even more.

justingroves likes this.
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

there's a certain amount of collateral unfixable damage that is associated with unregulated code-absent construction. You can't restore dead people. And that damage can occur years after anyone was working on a project. Like that tower in London that several were killed in due to fire code violating construction materials.

8. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

These are such times.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I just wanna roll out there that with the weapons and power at the disposal of the United States, thinking hard about unleashing it is never a bad idea. Trump is right to want to be sure. Iran isn't a dangling knife over us. They're a wild animal, and there is more than one way to deal with them.

10. Tenacious D

This is too opaquely worded for intentional planting. Partial leak or excluded reporting of fragment, IMO. Broader context is necessary but missing here, at least right now.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

That Iran knows it was that close and likely was confirmable, and that there was nothing they could do about it, is in itself a message that is proportionate to the destruction of a drone.

If they want to play chicken with Donald Trump, sooner or later he's going to have to save face and then they're [uck fay]ed. America is a semi, they're a bicycle.

I don't want war with Iran. I don't think it is necessary. But they're not playing this well if they are going to take a "Trump's a [ussy pay]" angle. It's a fight they can't win.

kmf600 likes this.
  12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm off today and doing a lot of reading. It's disturbing how many people are horny for any war. It's sad how many people who allegedly don't want war are using a President averting war as a pressure point against him... Some folks need to stop and think.

13. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

People are, mostly, so detached from war that they can sit on their couches and cheer as if it were a football game without feeling any of the repercussions. It's not like they have to plant a victory garden, get gas rations, fear being drafted, etc. It's not real to them and they watch it unfold as if it were the Olympics.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

exactly. it's like watching a movie to them. the draft did have some benefits.

tvolsfan and justingroves like this.
  15. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Hurricane Andrew exposed a lot of not up to code building, but it was also so strong, with so many tornadoes, it didn't really matter.
    I took my old windows out of my house, they were screwed into a 1 by 2 board attached to the concrete frame of the opening with 4 one inch screws. My new impact windows have 8 three inch tapcons on all 4 sides of the window. The old windows made it through Andrew.
    Another interesting thing, the old windows were jalousie windows because a lot of houses built in the 60s and 70s har bo a/c. [uck fay] that shit.

16. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Man, I remember Saddam Hussein talking about the rivers of US blood that would be flowing if we invaded. It was cute

17. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

But this idea that he happened to ask the general about potential casualties when they were 10 minutes out and then called it off is impossible to believe.

NashVol11 likes this.
  18. fl0at_

We left some blood in Iraq. They left more, but I liked the ones we left better, so it wasn't a fair trade.

Iran will be harder than Iraq. Iraq was pretty fragmented, without much of a national identity. Iran has an identity, they'll fight for it.

They'll lose, but they'll fight.

tvolsfan, IP, kmf600 and 1 other person like this.
  19. Tenacious D

“If you are in the government you do what ever you can. You talk, you negotiate, you debate, everything you CAN do to keep me from going over there. Once you do get me over there, turn your back and close your eyes…Because I’m gonna [uck fay]ing wreck shop”
    — Marcus Luttrell

kmf600 likes this.
  20. Tenacious D

I was part of the Navy detachment tasked with the response to Hurricane Andrew. We patrolled the streets, provided medical care, built tent city, etc.

We had to dock at the cruise ship piers, somewhere near downtown and I remember thinking it didn’t look too bad. Then we got out and about into Dade County, and it was an entirely different scene, altogether.

kmf600 likes this.