POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Sounds like just don’t like public schools - most of your issues/examples have to do with public vs private in general rather than languages.

What about immersive international schools. We have a handful of those in Houston proper. Two languages - but private. Probably ok?

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

it's really news to you that LA county schools suck? this has been a problem for over 30 years. the intended solution to all of this is the charter schools which has it's own issues. any person can walk on that campus and take a kid without any problem whatsoever. it has nothing directly to do with the education, but it certainly speaks to their commitment to safety and the well being of their students.

kmf600 likes this.
  3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

There aren't any paraprofessionals, ESL classes, remediation, any sort of resources available to those students? The class just stops to cater to these kids? Again, I'm not an elementary teacher, but that's not been my experience when I've had low level English speakers in my regular classes.

4. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

That’s crazy to me. I have to show an ID to a camera before I can even enter the front atrium, which is locked from the rest of the school in order to get a pass to go to a classroom or the lunchroom to meet my daughter. I’d hate what you’re describing. And there’s no reason it has to be that way.

5. Unimane

There aren't any SRO's (cops) on campus during school hours? We always have two. Plus, in the age of Sandy Hook, they certainly have to have some kind of security system in place.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i personally wouldn't send my kid to an immersion private school, but yes my primary issue is public vs private. time taught teaching other kids basic english is time taken away from my child and when you have the issue that everyone who gives a shit like me sends their kid to private it makes it an even bigger problem and bigger percentage of non native speakers. the teachers basically have thrown up their arms and given up trying to teach them at an acceptable level. i know many public school teachers because of my wife and even they don't send their kids to public school or at least try to get them in the top level charter schools. they certainly don't send them to the schools they teach at.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

they can't separate them. they do give them additional tutoring and if they are really bad actually assign them a person for the day. most people here with kids with disabilities send their kids to public school because of those resources. i'm not convinced that doesn't take away from the other children though. i'm sure it's great for the ESL and disabled kids.

8. Unimane

The secret to Hillsboro for those affluent types is the IB program. You get into it and you're fine.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i've never seen a cop or security person or any sort of cameras and i went there basically weekly for 3 months. they have some teachers there assigned for after hours stuff. at one point they forced the kids to come inside which is an improvement, but still any person could walk on campus. it's been insanely easy to kidnap one of these kids. terrifying.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

and i completely agree. screams a huge liability if something happens. some parent is going to sue and cost the school millions and they'd be right to sue.

11. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

When have I ever accused Un or anyone else of “hate speech”?! I’d have just as soon called them the Easter Bunny, as I believe they share the same plane of existence.

And where have I accused him of being “racists against whites”? As we do have a prohibition against racist bullshit on this site, and which is rigorously and mercilessly enforced...does it not refute the idea that I’ve accused him (or anyone, insofar as I can recall) of racism, but then failed to ban him for it, and as evidenced by his continued presence and posting, here?

I assume that you’ve hit your head, or most likely, that you plainly see that he’s assumed an indefensible position on this one, and hope to help him slink away in escaping the obviousness of his error.

I’d be shocked if even a single poster on this site who would agree with your assertion that I wouldn’t ban anyone who said racist shit, and too quick to talk about it.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I recall an incident involving slang words for white people, in which you feigned outrage. which was the origin of him being given "kill whitey" rather than what he was originally given as his title, since it contradicted your outrage.

13. Tenacious D

These are exactly “personal freedoms”, you twit.

Had I intended it to mean “first amendment rights”, I would have written “first amendment rights”. But I didn’t, so I didn’t.

You’ll also note the complete absence of any mention of her taking any “legal” or “legislative” action, as you stupidly suggested and incorrectly attempted to insert, earlier. Which, again, proves my claims in refuting your silliness as having been exactly and correctly stated.

Thais is what you do, Un. You throw out bullshit and silliness, and just hope that no one cares to take the time or wants to make the effort to call you on it. And if they happen to do so, you just start inventing and interjecting all sorts of red herrings, obfuscations, silliness, straw men, distortions, and sometimes (such as here) outright lies in hopes that they will literally grow weary with beating you to death and wander off to do something else, and at which time you’ll claim some sort of retarded victory for having “won”.

So, here, again and in simple child-like form:

1. Omar didn’t like what he was saying.

2. She believes she is the single best arbiter of what he should or shouldn’t be allowed to say.

3. She doesn’t respect his personal freedom to say what he wants, because she disagrees with it.

4. She specifically targeted his advertisers, and encouraged others to do so, for the specific purpose of trying to force them to take him off the air, and thereby rob him of his platform and to deny him the ability to freely express his own personal and journalistic opinions.

If this isn’t exactly what she intended, start your next response with what that alternative explanation is, and how I’ve somehow gotten this wrong.

I honestly think that you’ve begun to mistake winning arguments in a room full of high school students as being any suitable standard by which to judge the correctness and soundness of a position. It may not be, Un. That’s all that I’m saying. It may not be.

14. Unimane

So, yes, as I said, you want to pay for the exclusivity of the private school over the requirements of the public schools to teach everyone. I can understand this on a certain level and definitely know the frustrations shared by your wife's teacher friends. However, I also feel confident in the public schools I send my children to every day and fully ascribe to the idea these schools exist in LA County and many other places throughout every city. Now there are schools here I wouldn't send my kid to attend, but I'm not paying for high school, either, and feel perfectly fine with this.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Health care too

droski likes this.
  16. Tenacious D

So you mean the “cracker” incident, from 7 years ago - where I disagreed with pretty much the entire board in saying that it was a racial epithet and disallowed its use on the board, by anyone? But then later admitted that it wasn’t at all, and recanted that position?

That’s what you’re referencing now, in saying I accused Un of “hate speech” and “racism”, and as the single support of your claim, now?

17. Tenacious D

Gross.

TennTradition likes this.
  18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

If I had the time and nuts i'd start a work comp case manager company with mainly bilingual nurses.

19. Unimane

You didn't say first amendment rights? You specifically said "freedom of speech". What the [uck fay] do you think the first amendment is? [dadgum], you think you are too smart for everyone so often, you don't realize what you say, I suppose.

And, no she didn't say anything regarding his personal freedom. His personal freedom to say anything is not abrogated by his having, or not having sponsors or a tv show, just as you or I don't have our personal freedom to do so by not having a tv show or Taco Bell financially supporting us. Of course, Ohan didn't actually threaten the sponsors of his show. Hell, she didn't even say Fox should fire him. In no way did she threaten his personal freedoms, whatsoever.

Your whole premise is flawed and without merit, but you are just too stubborn to admit it. You so believe in your created caricature of liberals you've forgotten, ignore, whatever, the merits of this silly argument you've put forth.

20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

ICE Raids supposedly to start Sunday. Can we agree that anyone in the Country illegally (i.e., crossed the border illegally, overstayed their visa, etc.) should be deported.