POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

You keep saying stuff like "the left has stated". Is there some kind of press release from these official spokespeople of the left which cements this idea or are you just putting up a strawman for greater ease of your argument?

2. Unimane

And, this is, generally, my point, too. People generally vote with those they feel align with their views, not because of something silly like someone gave them a bus ride to the voting booth.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

are you going to seriously tell me that the left doesn't consider the objection to illegal immigration to be primarily based on racism? Yes or no?

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

How many people who grow up in a Republican household do you think go out and vote democrat. And vice versa.
    How many people getting on Harold Ford memphis busses, which included lunch, do you think rolled in and voted Republican.
    You have become so PC, you ignore reality too often.

5. Unimane

Tons of people. I did, so did my sister. And, people chose to ride those buses to vote for Harold Ford or whomever.

Back to the original point, over 90% of African-Americans vote Democrat largely because they feel that party most closely aligns with their views. You disagree with those views, which is fine, but dismissing this overwhelming number as just being manipulated is condescending and demeaning. This has nothing to do with PC or any of that nonsense.

6. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I'm pretty much a token Republican. White, southern male, private education throughout, veteran, southern baptist upbringing.

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Ive never voted Republican either. Honestly growing up around all the racial based political stuff in memphis, I hated all politicians and still do, outside of a couple guys like Ross Perot They are all manipulative, power hungry liars who will say anything for a vote.

8. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

* Policies dating back to the New Deal

* Republicans alignment with States Authority. This historically has not worked out well for African-Americans; it has been Federal Authority that has had to step in and right wrongs.

* Free money

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  9. IP

IP Super Moderator

this definitely isn't true, regarding the first post. maybe the person they *think* does

10. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Making enough people fear something or feel victimized by something seems to be a very effective strategy. Foreign people, for example, with the current president.

11. TennTradition

I have no idea what others think on the issue but from talking to folks here I can’t imagine how you’d get the idea. I know you’re probably being somewhat facetious but I would have to imagine that’s a minority’s view.

I have no problem stopping all illegal immigration as long as we allow for an adequate guest worker program where needed and a real path for asylum for those who need it.

That can even include a wall for me if that’s what it takes to stop it (I don’t think it would take that).

But Trump can’t build it. He forfeited that right with his rhetoric in my book.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

it's absolutely not a minority view from the left that the opposition to illegal immigration is based on racism.

13. TennTradition

That’s a different point than the one you made.

You and I both know for some people it is. Even more so a xenophobic fear of loss of their (American) culture. Others not.

14. doolmeonce

doolmeonce Member

I think it’s more fear of adding thousands of unskilled/uneducated people when there is already a growing percentage here, rather than loss of culture. Most people don’t have an issue with those legitimately seeking asylum or skilled visa programs.

There are so many issues already - education, healthcare, social welfare - without any solution or real effort to fix.

IMO, it’s likely a fair amount of people actually could/would agree on a logical solution(s). But the divisiveness, point proving and finger pointing is more entertaining than finding common ground.

15. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

16. GahLee

17. GahLee

Astonishing. Truly. This is cancel culture at its peak.

Imagine having your dreams crushed because of who you voted for.

Our votes don't carry that kind of weight and unless you are a public figure, it never will. The open bigotry on Trump supporters is reaching new levels. And nobody in the Dem party will condemn it.

Western civilization is in critical condition.

18. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

"Please confirm receipt of this email"

I'd send the Miss World sash, I think it's called, back with shit stains on it. Here's your receipt.

19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Imagine giving a damn about a beauty pageant in the first place. Go cry about it somewhere else, Chicken Little.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Lol awesome.