POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Just like Trump, it’s always somebody else’s fault.

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

People in power tend to always want to be right. It just seems to be in their DNA. I just ignore it.

3. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

To be fair, when we were acting like [unt cay]s that were all going to die when the storm was predicted to hit Miami-Dade, I said it's going to head this way then go out to sea. It always goes out to sea when the first predictions say its hitting Miami-Dade. There's no science behind that, just me being a smartass

4. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

And stop with the spaghetti model shit. It doesn't sound professional

5. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Trump is definitely counting on this.

The Dooz likes this.
  6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Not sure what's the saddest.

Trump's war over Dorian hitting Alabama.

CNN making a timeline of it.

Me reading said timeline.

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

D) All the Above

kmf600 likes this.
  8. IP

IP Super Moderator

it's actually not a big deal and the subsequent time lying about it and covering it is actually worse. No one in Alabama was harmed by being prepared and aware of the storm. meanwhile, lying about the mistake has been way worse and air time dedicated to the mistake and lies could have been spent directing more attention and aid to actual places and people affected, or perhaps something else of concern in the world.

Not one person was harmed by the slip of words. "My mistake, I was thinking of an earlier cone," and we all move on.

tvolsfan likes this.
  9. NorrisAlan

He just cannot say that, though. It's stupid.

Unimane and tvolsfan like this.
  10. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

The Justice Department is going to investigate whether California and auto makers entering into an agreement to have stricter emissions standards than Trump's rollbacks is anti-competitive.

And so the lines will be divided over whether a state can institute a stiffer requirement than the Fed. And that's generally a no.

But, if a city or a state, which controls vehicle registration, which the Fed does not control, issues a requirement that vehicles born after a certain date must pass an emissions check... this is acceptable, yes?

So what the hell is the justice department doing here with tax payer dollars?

11. NorrisAlan

It would seem in this case that a state could pass more stringent regulations, but not lower them.

I don't see what leg the DoJ has to stand on here.

12. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

It’s killing him.

13. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

He’s just straight up lying now about what he was actually saying. He can’t take it. Dear leader can’t actually make a mistake, I guess.

14. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

This tweet directly proves him correct, and what you two dipshits have frothed over for two days.

That he tweeted this out is, well, so beautiful.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

The worst thing about all this is that folks like you accept his reality to the point of thinking that clip "proves him correct."

The Dooz and tvolsfan like this.
  16. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

It doesn't prove him correct as it isn't the same time as when Trump stated it (A few days later). Furthermore, it is probably the stupidest thing ever for a president to concern himself with for 4-5 days in a row. Who gives a shit? Why does he give a shit?

The only thing worse is being so far into the cult that you think the tweet(ing) on this topic has any value whatsoever and would applaud him for it.

The Dooz likes this.
  17. TennTradition

No it doesn’t. I posted the quote he gave the media on Sunday. It doesn’t make sense and he’s using an evolving forecast to cover for it.

That he tweeted this out shows just how weak the am. Is.

Here is the quote once again for you:

"We don't know where it's going to hit, but we have an idea. Probably a little bit different than the original course. The original course was dead into Florida. Now it seems to be going up to toward South Carolina, toward North Carolina. Georgia is going to be hit. Alabama is going to get a piece of it, it looks like. But it can change its course again and it could go back more toward Florida."
    First, I really don’t care that he said Alabama here. I didn’t say a word about it here or anywhere else until he started going nuts over it.

This is actually a good understanding of the changing forecast as he spoke on Sunday.

But his demonstrated understanding also undermines his attempt to show the cone map from Thursday that, with sharpie, showed Alabama could be hit.

It’s pathetic.

He’s been melting over this. It would be hilarious to watch if he didn’t have more important things he should be doing.

18. TennTradition

I also find it ridiculous Trump has strongarmed someone at NOAA to throw their NWS meteorologists in Birmingham under the bus for correcting the misinformation in Trump’s tweet.

"In addition to Florida -- South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, and Alabama, will most likely be hit (much) harder than anticipated,"
    When Trump tweeted that on Sunday morning the forecasts showed that Alabama stood a 5% chance of being impacted by tropical force winds (by the way a small bit of Tennessee was also in the 5% chance of TS force winds at that time, as well as even higher chances for Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, and New Jersey). This while the other states in his list showed a 70% chance of seeing tropical force winds.

It was a mistake to include Alabama in that tweet and it was right for the NWS in Alabama to correct that. It is wrong for Trump or a surrogate to strong arm NOAA into chastising the Birmingham guys for clearing up his tweet.

I also find it funny that on Monday Trump started tweeting about the response by saying ‘under certain original scenarios’ that Alabama ‘could possibly come into play’ (which you’ll note is actually a very different tenor than what he used in the original tweet). However, as he tweeted that, Alabama was still under a 5% probability of seeing TS force winds. He was clearly implying here that while Alabama could see impact before that wasn’t the case at the time of this Monday tweet. However, the same maps that NOAA was strongarmed into coming out and using to ‘justify’ his claim still showed that threat. Weak cover up NOAA.

I just spent the most time I’ve spent thinking about this to put the above together, and I feel like it was wasted time. But our president is fixated on this shit. As important as I like to think I am, he actually is. It’s sad.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
    The Dooz, tvolsfan and Unimane like this.
  19. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

That you think he is fixated on this, as he thumbs his nose on this, yet another thing, is sad.

20. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Apparently it is actually a crime to doctor NWS maps and/or give a false weather report.

LOCK HIM UP!, right?

https://m.timesunion.com/opinion/article/Why-President-Trump-s-sharpied-weather-map-was-14418457.php

Until this week, few Americans knew that a provision in the U.S. Code titled "False weather reports" makes it a crime to falsely claim the authority of government weather science: "Whoever knowingly issues or publishes any counterfeit weather forecast or warning of weather falsely representing such forecast or warning to have been issued or published by the Weather Bureau, United States Signal Service, or other branch of the Government service, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ninety days, or both."