POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Do you have a lot of picture books?

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Color by number, yes.

3. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

At the very least, we should be able to dispense with the “AMERICA IS RESPECTED AGAIN” line Trump keeps pushing. It’s undeniable our reputation has dropped considerably as a result of this presidency. You may not care, but to argue otherwise is totally delusional.

4. Ssmiff

Reputation from whom? China, Russia, Ukraine, turkey..? Who cares.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

oh, I think china, russia, turkey, and NK certainly enjoy our current administration.

tvolsfan likes this.
  6. Ssmiff

Im just picking a little.
    But i honestly dont know how healthy it is to be so focused on this political stuff daily.
    Same thing as daytime soap opera addiction imo. Its as if the negativity, doubt or flat out hate has to exist daily. Ill never get it.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I hadn't posted in this thread for 2 days

8. Ssmiff

Wasnt really directed at anybody. Just in general whether websites, tv news, etc. I skip the thread sometimes, but then there will be a Facebook link or a link on a text thread and it just seems like too much. Much of that being Trumps fault of course but also much of it is overboard bs, same as him.

9. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

A lot of it is tv stations which rely on news to exist. These, of course, are the worst mediums to receive information because they have two or three stories which they regurgitate over and over again throughout the day, needing to entertain rather than inform.

10. Unimane

At some point, I expect one of his rallies to end with a recreation of the crucifixion.

tvolsfan likes this.
  11. cpninja

cpninja Member

calling it a lynching is an interesting choice of words

12. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

So is today’s testimony going to matter?

13. Unimane

Aside from the obvious racial and historical connotations, lynching is defined as an extrajudicial killing by a mob. An impeachment is, basically, an indictment which leads to a trial in the Senate. That's about as non-lynching as you can get even allowing for a very loose concept of the term as metaphorical.

I also remember a certain someone taking out an ad in the New York Times about 30 years ago to advocate for the execution of 5 young men, later proven innocent, prior to their trial.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
  14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

IP likes this.
  15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Well, Taylor's testimony isn't great for him.

tvolsfan likes this.
  16. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

No, while only detailing exactly what we already figured happened, it still was interesting to hear him say it. If the NSC official heard those direct statements and testifies to it that’s fairly significant.

Dems May find themselves in a spot where they feel they have to impeach.

Still not a threat to this term for Trump and only next term if the stuff is bad enough to turn sentiment.

As Ian Bremmer said this weekend - the Senate republicans convict only if they see Trump as a threat to the republic or the party - and right now they are a FAR way from either.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think they have to follow through at this point based on what has been uncovered, knowing full well McConnell will dismiss it almost instantaneously.

18. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Dismissed my most Republicans at this point.

19. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Booo!!

20. Unimane

What a shit show stunt today put on by a collection of Republicans of the likes of Louie Gohmert, Matt Gaetz and others.

NorrisAlan likes this.