POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i think the constant cries of racism area a form of fear mongering.

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Not if it's true. Miller having extensive links with white supremacism, on top of Trump's commentary, is certainly significant enough to warrant those concerns.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

extensive links is forwarding articles?

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

So the likely outcome of this circus is he will not get convicted in the Senate, do you agree? If so and he gets elected again are you stating that people are blind and did not see he clearly committed impeachable crimes? The crimes that are so very obvious to you. Not trying to be a [penis] its just how I think a lot of people feel but I could be wrong and we will get to see at the next election.

5. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I find it more to be a loose throw it on the wall in case it sticks attack from many. I disagree that saying the president is racist to tell someone who was born here to go back to where she’s from is fear mongering. But I understand why saying that’s racist, and this is racist, etc becomes diluted.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

it's not just calling the president racist, it's attacking anyone who disagrees with you as being a racist. just look at how many fake racist claims are made these days. it's all about creating fear and making minorities think that they have no choice but to vote democrat.

7. TennTradition

I don’t see it as that way. The cynical me sees it more as a way of cutting the legs out from beneath someone using something taboo enough that’s it’s difficult to come out swinging. Not as a means of fear mongering.

droski likes this.
  8. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Mostly correct, if I squint.

He’s not fear-mongering. He’s saying what a vast number of people think, and doing what they want him to do, but will not say.

When it’s only ok for one guy to do those things, well, that becomes the guy.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i was watching that WWII in color documentary and one of the professors said something like "hitler's campaign was essentially make germany great again." it's pervasive in everything. don't vote democratic and we are going back to the 1800s in america. trump is out to GET YOU. that's the message. the fact that trump's support in those communities is as high as it is is amazing.

10. Tenacious D

All “isms” exist and should be confronted and opposed.

Liberals have used them - quite successfully - as their “Get Out of Any Argument Free Card” for 40+ years, and Trump is a rejection of that.

The Dems have no answer for him because they have forgotten how to win arguments / votes / elections without those “isms”.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

do you not know the history of that slogan? it was the slogan of the American Nazi party too. there's a dr. Seuss political cartoon about the danger of the thinking behind that phrase.

12. Tenacious D

In the next 50-100 years, Trump will be seen as a tempered moderate. It’s not him, but what comes after him, that is important.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

the implication of comparing that is rather obvious

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

haha, if so it means America as a democratic republic is gone. which is possible, given the impending mass migrations due to climate change that will be occurring.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

it isn't an implication or a comparison. it is verbatim and used for the same effect on voters.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

so basically you agree trump is like hitler. got it.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

pardon, it was "America First" that the American Nazi Party used.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

so basically you are incapable of nuance.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

so you can now admit that this reference was 100% comparing trump to hitler then right?

20. TennTradition

I do think that it is used as a crutch to cast dispersions that put opponents in a corner.

But I also absolutely think we can’t reject the idea that we are guilty of the isms just because they have been abused.

Beyond the other benefits, the selfish reason I want to live in a racially and politically diverse place, work for a inclusive company, and why I sit on steering committees for two different underrepresented peoples resource groups is because I want all my shortcomings in these areas blasted in my face. When someone calls me out for an ism I know to stop and think about it rather than reject it outright.

cpninja likes this.