POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

7.25 x 40 x 52 = 15,080

How did you get $22k?

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Quit your racist bullshit, NAZI!

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

oh I was using california. my bad. either way $15k isn't that far off from $18k.

5. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

6. NorrisAlan

I would argue it is a big difference, especially since with that little income as there is zero wiggle room. 17% difference in income would sting anyone.

NashVol11 likes this.
  7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

more than one full time job? not many.

8. fl0at_

An 18k full time + 9k part time >= 25k

How did you get the need for two full time jobs?

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I meant from a math point of view. $18k is $9 an hour for 2000 hours a year. No chance in hell 42% of full time individuals are making $9 an hour or less.

10. NorrisAlan

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

there's not much evidence that there is a large group of poor people working more than 40 hours per week that would effect this. rich people work much longer hours than poor people on average.

12. NorrisAlan

I know that a lot of places around here hire people on full time and they brag about their 9.25 and hour wage on the postings.

I don't think the wage earning is as bad as some might think, but I don't think it is great. I do believe a lot of people earn close to the poverty line and without a lot of factory jobs to bolster employment anymore, there is just not a lot of room for unskilled labor to rise up.

NOTE: As always, whenever I talk economics, know that I am a moron when it comes to this stuff and view it as nothing more than shady witchcraft.

13. fl0at_

Yes, in the way that me sitting here typing on this board, and you sitting there typing on this board are both occurring during the time that phones and outside internet are banned from our hourly counterparts, work, yes.

Tonight I will pay penance for not working today. Maybe.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't think he is racist, I think he is abysmal at math but doesn't know it.

16. NorrisAlan

sorry, of those working two jobs, the greatest % is those working a full and a part time job.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

that's just not supported by the statistics

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

please show your 42% math. thanks much

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

what are you babbling about exactly?

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

you're talking to people who do not acknowledge that for income, only taxes. that 3000 bucks is worth more to a poor person than 1 billion dollars is to Bill Gates is just not something they will ever acknowledge