POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Close to criminal in the sense that it doesn’t come close to breaking any laws.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I feel for the captain. I get it. And maybe he didn't leak the letter. But regardless, a random guy in VA such as myself shouldn't know the operational status of a carrier in the western Pacific. So... ya. I can see why they pulled him.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Thank goodness the other side hasn’t been caught explicitly delighting in the opportunity this crisis presents.

zehr27 likes this.
  4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

You are telling me that it isn't illegal for the CnC and the Admiralty to relieve people of command at their leisure???? What is this, some kind of military or something??

5. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I’m next to certain he didn’t leak it but he certainly set the stage for it to be leaked. The guy isn’t a bad guy. He made a poor decision in circulating his email too widely - he blinked under pressure. I’m not a military guy but if those that are tell me you can’t leave him in his position after that, then I’ll accept it. The navy secretary’s interview on this with NPR was pretty good. One thing I didn’t realize from that was that he cc’d a lot of people that didn’t need to be on the email BUT left off his direct superior. Probably a no no.

He now has the virus. I wish him the best and hope he doesn’t have bad symptoms.

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Attached Files:

VolDad likes this.
  7. TennTradition

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

1. “Worse” how? How you hear that message may be different than how that crew hears it. It’s certainly different than it was likely heard by the CO’s of other ships in that carrier group, and by PACFLEET Command. Modly clearly was making an intentional and forceful point. There are 5k cats on that ship, and it is to be assumed that it would leak.

2. The immediate removal of the CO will prove effective in ensuring that you won’t hear another peep out of that ship, or any others, going forward. Nor should you, or anyone else, beyond the Navy. That alone makes it the correct decision.

3. The article says that the CNO advised against removing him because he first wanted an investigation. So, go investigate. That “Captain” has all of the time in the world to talk, now.

4. The article says that he can be courts-martialed for “betraying” the Navy. Indeed he can. There’s also about 5 nautical bajillion other things that can get you courts-martialed. I’ll be shocked if they do, as losing his career will likely be more than sufficient to punish him, and serve to have a prohibitive effect with others, but they certainly may.

5. That the CO is confirmed positive for China Flu should prove helpful in more perfectly illuminating his actions.

6. I wouldn’t want to be on that crew, having stood out there like a bunch of goof balls, cheering a disgraced and removed CO. Perhaps in a few years, and with some distance, they’ll see that their doing so basically guaranteed and essentially forced the Navy’s decision to immediately remove him. I damned sure wouldn’t want to be one of the silly bastards who recorded and uploaded it to social media, as they’ll likely be next to be hurriedly stuffing their belongings into a sea bag. If crews take on the persona of the CO (they do), then their actions seem perfectly predictable.

7. I’ll predict that their next CO won’t be the emotive type, and will see their cheering as being a gigantic command-wide problem, and one which s/he will look to immediately correct. Nothing gets life moving faster than good old hard, round-the-clock, work.

10. TennTradition

Brought more public attention to the issue.

11. Tenacious D

Whomever leaked it did that, not the SecNav.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Wait... but that isn't the position with the former CO's email being leaked?

13. TennTradition

Would his method of giving this message not make it as likely it would be leaked as the CO’s method?

14. Tenacious D

The former “CO” leaked it.

15. Tenacious D

Expecting it to occur and condoning its occurrence are two different things.

16. TennTradition

Ok - I haven’t seen that confirmed. I’m assuming your saying that because you know more.

17. TennTradition

From the standpoint of consequences to career I can get what you’re saying to some degree.

But in the context of making the situation worse - I’m not sure there’s a difference.

Tenacious D likes this.
  18. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Captains letter leaked to Captains hometown newspaper. Hmmm.

The letter, which leaked to the media, was sent outside the chain of command and via nonsecure unclassified email.

How do they know it was nonsecured unclassified email unless they know where it came from?

Tenacious D likes this.
  19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Bush jr certainly got a lot of flack

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Oh yeah