President Trump to Meet Un

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Mar 8, 2018.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

You don't know nervous until you're prepping those doors for hardware

Tenacious D likes this.
  2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

freedom

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

The main interior building's doorways are could barely be laid onto the floor of my living room. Very high, pretty wide. All solid wood. They're almost all the original doors from the 1930's New Deal construction. It's a serious piece of wood.

I'm not justifying the cost in a broader sense, I am just explaining that this isn't a case of a political appointee wasting money on a dining room set. The district itself has these laws. And the original doors in some places are no longer functioning in a way that protects from the elements (which I believe was the case in this situation, leading to damage to the interior wood paneling).

4. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

There are a lot of prices that deal with government that are inflated due to government rules, bidding requirements and the like, that aren’t political.

I’d still like to know what a $139,000 door looks like.

Is it like Kosher? Did they have to build it using tools of the time, wood of the time and only after first hand chopping down the tree?

It’s a door, or a pair. Made from wood I presume. How did it get to $139,000?

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I couldn't tell you, other than those doors are big and solid pieces of wood.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It's inlaid with over 200 American eagle beaks. Patriotic as hell.

justingroves likes this.
  7. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I get it. It’s a dining room table with hinges on.

That’s still a pretty expensive table.

Volst53 likes this.