President Trump Work & Drug Tests for Subsidies

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Apr 12, 2018.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Ok, so you aren’t going to help an addict kick addiction, and you’ve just taken away their ability to pay for it.

So they’re gonna end up in prison.

Now how expensive are they?

JayVols likes this.
  2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Drug tests aren’t that hard to beat. Effectiveness is the reason this isn’t a good idea, not some stats that say welfare recipients don’t use drugs.

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I don’t think drug use should be a crime or like federal welfare.

4. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Very true.

I didn't use the word "huge". You did. There's a lot of ground between nothing and "huge".

5. JayVols

Unless your usual routine is to donate millions of dollars, this is a completely hollow strawman rebuttal not worthy of a response.

If you have donated those sums in the past, congratulations on your tremendous success, and I applaud your protest by using whatever means you have at your disposal.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I’ve had a lot of success at not doing things. The empty space on my resume would produce shock and awe in any reader.

Joseph Brant and justingroves like this.
  7. JayVols

Congratulations.

If you're being too obtuse or just plainly refuse to see the difference between never doing something & ceasing normal activities because one disagrees with the state of a situation, there's nothing more to discuss.

But by all means, feel free to continue the snarkfest of irrelevancy.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Hoho. Jay complaining about snarkiness. Now we’re getting somewhere.

9. JayVols

100% fair criticism.

10. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Saw something this morning that giving everyone in the country a livable income would be 3 Trillion of our 4 Trillion dollar budget.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Disagree.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Who all is eligible for the income? Anyone over 18? We’ve got around 246 million such folks, out of three trillion that comes out to around 12,000/person/year.

13. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Professers example was 300 m people x $10,000 per year

14. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Fewer

15. JayVols

You cheeky bastage.....

Haha

16. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I’ve often done debt to income ratios in the past with clients and we used to ask what, if any, income they drew in the form of assistance.

While some did receive full disability, as an example, a lot more only received a small amount of assistance, maybe 20-30 a month in food stamps.

Now, I don’t pretend to know what a drug testing program is going to cost, and I might even support it, for an individual, but it certainly seems like a colossal waste if it’s more that the assistance the person receives.

17. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Correct, but "a few fewer" is an awkward phrase, and this is a very casual conversation.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Fuhrer

emainvol likes this.
  19. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I'm not actually a usage nazi. I just always do that one, because my dad always does it, and I can't seem to help myself.

emainvol likes this.
  20. Dalekanium

Dalekanium Chieftain

Mama smoked some weed so the kids don’t get to eat. Sounds like Republican policy to me.