President Trump's First 100 Days

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Nov 13, 2016.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Apparently a lot of people don't care, Norris. He's been saying illogical and wacky things all along.

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Trump has convinced me to stay way from media.

His conversations wander in and out, in and out, that transcripts are unbearable to read. And listening to it isn't any better.

I feel pity for whomever catalogs his presidential library. When something is searched for, it'll have to return positions in sentences, rather than just the sentence itself.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Haha, i never thought about that.

4. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

:)

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

http://www.abc10.com/news/local/has-donald-trump-signed-more-executive-orders-in-his-first-100-days-than-past-presidents/433762172

The President signed his 30th Executive Order yesterday. Obama averaged 35 per year. I cannot attest to content of the orders, so I will have to take these numbers with a grain of salt.

But, after Trump railed against Obama's EO's and vacation money spent and the number of golf outings, he is trying to obliterate Obama's averages on them. Bigly.

Side: W averaged 36 per year and Bubba averaged 46 per year on the EOs.

6. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

As you may know I am no fan of Trump but this should be put into context.

1.) There is nothing innately wrong with EO. Its the content that was the problem with the previous guy.

2.) Like Reagan and W these "vacations" are to one of his homes and they are working vacations. He isnt taking extended family and friends to Europe/Africa/Asia/Hawaii or renting out whole floors of hotels. In fact he owns the hotels LOL. I would love to have been a fly on the wall when Trump was "vacationing" with the Chinese dictator and we bombed Syria. Was it at lunch, during dessert or while the dictator was enjoying some expensive wine? "Now Mr. Xi lets talk about NK"

3.) The previous guy golfed for pleasure. Trump conducts business on the course. Remember when the SEALs got Bin Laden? The boy god was off to the side while the real men and somehow Hillary were at the big table doing the work. The previous guy was still wearing his golf stuff. He had to be called in from playing outside to get some work done and the photo op.

4.) BJCs thing was young interns or just women in general...he didn't need to leave DC to "vacation!"

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

You must be trolling.

8. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

Not the intent but eye of the beholder I guess.

9. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Oh, my. Ok, well, I'm actually not worried about whether or not Trump does most of this stuff, but, c'mon.

1. Trump deserves the backlash on the EOs because he was exceptionally critical of Obama using them.

2. Trump's vacation expenses dwarf those of any other president. Otherwise, all presidents basically have "working vacations".

3. You've got to be shitting me. Really. Shitting me.

4. Bubba did like the ladies, I do agree.

10. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

Oh I hated the previous occupants EOs it wasn't a matter of the amount. It was the content.

2.) I believe you are wrong and didn't CNN or whoever retract their info on the costs? Come on common sense will tell you a trip to Mar a Lago is going to be cheaper than hauling the family, m-i-l and friends overseas. And he took what 4 really big ones every year? He and his wife often traveled separate and they had 4 years of those really expensive vacations. But if you ask me he should just stay at Mar a Lago and use the robo pen.

3.) No I have utter contempt for the guy. Heck I have more respect for BJC. He was an un-convicted sexual predator and a probable war criminal from his actions in Serbia. But, he was down right centrist compared to the last guy.

11. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I wish Obama had taken more vacations and golf outings.

12. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

If there was any doubt you're a ****ing internet troll, #3 just confirmed you are.

13. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I wish Trump would take a permanent one.

14. NorrisAlan

Heh, i can understand that from a certain point of view. And I do not generally call out a President for vacations and playing golf. Lord knows they do more on these 'vacations and golf outings' than I do in a month of work.

But the hypocrisy of Trump, who was supposed to be the anti-establishment guy, is appalling.

15. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

Trolling?

16. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

Now the fact that Trump is a man of poor character is why I didn't vote for him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wrote in Cruz.

Trump is a liar, yes, but so far he has tried to keep a lot of his promises. I am surprisingly pleased so far with most of his work.

Working on fixing illegal immigration check
    Working to stem immigration from muslim countries check
    Hopefully he has put an originalist on the court check
    A measured military response in Syria check
    Pulling a Teddy Roosevelt with NK check
    Possibly getting China to deal with NK check
    Putting Missile Defense in SK check
    Still working to repeal obamacare check
    Still talking corporate tax cut check
    Working to split the 9th circus up and hopefully putting the fear of God in the out of control judiciary. check
    Putting a leash on the EPA check.

17. Unimane

2. The cost of merely having to guard Trump Towers is exorbitant, not to mention his kids have already gone overseas.

3. The Obama derangement and pure hatred from righties is silly and goes overboard. He governed largely a little left of center and was much less of a lefty than Sanders. Otherwise, he was as morally upright and individual as we've had as president and undeserving of all the personal scorn and bile he received from the right beyond disagreements with politics.

18. Unimane

The fact that you feel those two things, in particular, are desirable and needed to be "taken care of" by Trump, or any president, is scary. One is a lazy generalization based upon prejudiced feelings toward a people's religion and the other is an overstepping of branches of government solely due to the fact that they don't issue decisions in the manner Trump likes, which is autocratic/dictator type bullshit. Regardless, I don't think he's putting a scintilla of fear into the judiciary and affecting their decision making. In actuality, his reckless big mouth has hurt him in a few cases.

What he's doing with the EPA is disgraceful, as well, on a smaller level. Fortunately for this, and a lot on that list, he's usually proven to be less than capable of delivering the goods, mostly because he doesn't do his homework or bother to understand how things operate beyond him issuing some kind of fiat.

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

20. NorrisAlan

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2017