Proposed CFB rule change

Discussion in 'Sports' started by JohnnyQuickkick, Feb 12, 2014.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

that's correct. I have no idea why they did that.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Well that was the season opener and he did next to nothing the year prior. They might not have realized what they were facing. I think he ran one of the fastest 40s at the combine the year he came out, too. But he did essentially nothing in 2005. Plus, we were supposed to have a really good rushing attack that year (although we didn't).

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

guy covering was still a RS frosh with no playing experience with a broken wrist. our starting CB went down like 3 weeks earlier. I almost think they didn't bother to change the gameplan.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

well about 7 of them couldn't tackle hardesty

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He eventually played in the NFL didn't he?

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I believe that was all 11

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

2006 was the first year Meachem was 100% healthy too. The guy tore an ACL and then hurt his ankle (I think, might have been a shoulder) and had surgery right after the 2005 season.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

And slower trio.

Lucas Taylor, Josh Briscoe and Austin Rogers weren't running past SEC defensive backs

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

yup. he was a very good player, but that wasn't his day.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

only dude on the entire team, offense or defense, that showed up that day was desmond bishop.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

DeSean caught a bomb that day right off the bat and then just disappeared.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

that was kind of his MO. couldn't handle anyone hitting him on the line and if we weren't running the offense around him he'd start pouting and half assing it.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

that was about the last time we could be proud

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Marsolous Johnson covered him a lot and he was far from good. I believe that was who was on him when he caught the bomb.

Inky slapped him around at the line of scrimmage pretty good. That game got a lot of people paying attention to what Inky might be and then bam, he nearly died.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Probably 15 as several guys missed twice.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Yep. When your go-to guy is a 5'6" converted QB, you know something ain't right with the rest of them.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Dude should have been required to change his last name to whatever is below bishop in the Catholic priest hierarchy after Hardesty trucked him.

18. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Lol at the commenters pretending Saban can't beat up tempo offenses.

20. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Lol at the commenters who think this rule is something other than completely indefensible.