Props to Jancek

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Oct 26, 2015.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He managed to not get 40 hung on him by Kiffin.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I believe this is the first time in his career he's done that

3. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

He's faced him in '09 with UGA and the past two years. Is that it?

4. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Yeah, a solid effort. But, who among us had any doubt that Bama would march downfield for a game winning score after we went up 14-13?

Defense had a fine day...a very good day, even. Until it mattered.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Saban trying to save Jones' job, if you ask me.

6. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

The defense played with intensity and were aggressive. The Vols would probably be 6-1 right now if they played like that every game.

7. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Eh, the defense did their job. Holding Bama to 19 is about as much as you could ask for. The offense folded there at the end.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yes

9. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I had zero doubt. I honestly had spent most of the second half outside catching up with an old friend. We came in two plays before the score. My buddy says, "We're gonna do it. We're really gonna do it." I shook my head and replied, "No way. Butch."

Other than the turnover, I went on to explain the outcome as it turned out. Sometimes it sucks being right.

10. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

They would be 6-1 with half way decent coaching. Butch is shit. My new logo is "bUTch Please (leave)"

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2015
  11. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Mixed thoughts.

They played well enough for us to have a shot but also couldn't get a stop when we needed it.
    Pretty similar to the offense actually.

Just good enough to lose a game they could win.

12. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Put up 34 last year, but the point stands.

I really don't know why Alabama kept trying to throw. Feel like they blow us out just running.

13. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Yeah, that too. I thought the defense would be much better than it has been to this point.

14. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I don't know, It felt like every time they need a 1st down they could just pick a DB and throw it in the general direction.

15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Exactly. It was almost a given. Our only hope was some freakish Stoerner type moment. And then we probably go 3 and out and they score at the end. SO actually it would have taken 2 Stoerner like moments. And I also have little doubt that even if Medley hits all three of his kicks, Bama still finds a way to win.

16. MWR

MWR Contributor

That thought crossed my mind, also. Keep Jones at UT and keep UT weak. What better way than the let the Vol faithful think they were in the game.

17. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

kiffin has a history of exactly this problem. gets enamored with passing game and undermines the offense.

18. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Under Jancek, have we ever made a stop against a relevant team with the game on the line?

Even Georgia simply ran out of time. I suppose we technically stopped them on the previous drive, but let's not forget they had a wide open receiver drop the game tying touchdown.

19. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

don't be crazy. On every significant play, we have rushed 3, which creates all sort of havoc for the offense. The outcomes have all just been bad luck.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

South Alabama in 2013