Pruitt: “Our football team is 100 times better than it was this time last year. "

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by DownNDirty, Sep 25, 2019.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

QBs supposedly got equal reps today. So, better three games too late to even entertain the idea than never I suppose.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Barring a coup of Fulmer, he's getting year 3. That I will agree with.

justingroves likes this.
  3. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

I'm sure I've done it, but getting mad about press conference quotes seems pretty dumb at this point.

OTOH, I do like putting the freshmen out there for the media.

4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

There was never a doubt. Regardless of how much he deserves it.

5. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

I am just baffled how or why he would make that kind of statement. Yes, it's a statement at a press conference but that's probably one of the worst things that could have come out of his mouth. It's insulting.

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

In context, it's up there on the "Champions of Life" level of nonsense.

7. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Just typical heat of the moment hyperbole. Probably targeted more towards team than fans. I'm more interested in the QB practice info. Quietly giving the other QBs equal reps. I'm guessing they'll let JG take his lumps over next 2 games then shut him down. He can feel free to enter the portal.

8. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I may have missed it, but theres only handful or so that have said fire him now or they are 100% done with him.

The majority of comments I have seen have more or less said there's little chance hes gonna get turned around from what theyve seen so far. I kind of fall in this group. Hes made a ton of mistakes since getting here, but I've said it once and will say it again, about 75% of our problem right now is the QB position and that's not getting better until Bailey gets here, if he gets here. It's amazing just how important the QB position is and when you have a good one how much better he makes the team as a whole.

And I wouldnt be placing bets on him being here next year if he goes 1-11 or 2-12. If they win 3 or 4 and we look like we make some changes/improvement I think he is certainly back next year.

9. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Game day chat and multiple posts Saturday say otherwise

10. BigOrangeBeech

Everybody's gonna overreact while they watch the game and rant afterwards. It's the nature of watching TN football.

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Never, EVER go by game day chat. That is like asking a wife immediately after a fight with her husband what she really truly thinks of him.

12. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

My point is multiple people said it.

It doesn't matter though because this board will just be overly negative till next August.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

overly negative? how so? we lost to georgia state. explain what the "overly" line is.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Saban about doubled his year one win total in year two. Pruitt looks like he will halve it.

RockyHill likes this.
  15. BigOrangeBeech

If you know this board is negative then why come in here? Go to VN, they have plenty of positive people over there in the recruiting forum.

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS and Tenacious D like this.
  16. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Im not the only one who thinks this. My opinion though.

17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I wonder why that is

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

So, 182, please tell me what he's done that makes you think Pruitt is a good head coach or has the ability to become one.

19. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

You still haven't explained the overly line. Why is negativity about the current situation not warranted?

20. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Lol I hate VN.

Love this line though.