Pruitt and Sapp

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I disagree with that, too.

The man was asked what happened, and that was what he knew to be true in answering.

I get that there’s better ways to be more diplomatic, but I am just tired of diplomatic coaches who say the right things, but do the wrong things....understanding that they aren’t mutually exclusive.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Just keep this from being negative PR until he leaves at the end of the season. Can't please everybody.

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/t...uitt-on-quarte-sapp-everybody-makes-mistakes/

4. Tenacious D

justingroves and lylsmorr like this.
  5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Out last coach would not have met with Sapp and just kicked him off. Don't even doubt it.

This isn't about indecision or being soft. Just clarity. They were in the middle of a game and coaches were stomping around and kicking things.

Everything is fine. Pruitt did fine. But it may pay to Ave direct knowledge internally before saying something concrete.

Imo. Doesn't matter much this time.

6. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

He would not have kicked Sapp off. He would’ve fired whoever tried to make him play when he didn’t feel like playing.

7. Tenacious D

And then blamed the reporter for having asked him about it.

A-Smith likes this.
  8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

damn I want Pruitt to win. No pride there showing who is the man. And no blabbering or lying when asked a question. Sure he coulda taken the PR route after the most frustrating game in his career, but he answered and i'm fine with it. Now players know he has compassion and passion and maybe it helps a few to start playing for him.

IP likes this.
  9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I think I've said this before. Even though he is really emotionally invested in football, he's not irrational. I think he understands why Sapp was allegedly upset but isn't looking to make a statement by kicking him off the team. He's simply wanting to make a statement that this is his team.

10. Tenacious D

Watch Pruitt at the :30 mark. That’s as close as you may ever see to a head coach at a major program say “So, [uck fay] him.” at a public event.

11. MWR

MWR Contributor

Perhaps our last coach would have consulted his charts first.

12. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

So was it a misunderstanding or did Sapp refuse?

13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

The public will never know

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Nor is it really important.

15. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

In the grand scheme of things, naw.

16. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

As it should be.

17. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

plot-twist:

It's an elaborate ruse to get the media to talk about this instead of picking apart the players for the Florida bust. Pruitt taking notes on how to play a contentious role in the modern era of journalism.

Nah, this entire thing is weird but it's locker-room only as it should be.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He wasn't too harsh in the first one.

Singletary holds the gold standard for press conference after sending a player off the field

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Once we got down 14 Pruitt decided to intentionally get destroyed so that it might make victories over Kentucky and Vanderbilt seem like he'd really improved the team a lot over the course of the season.

20. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

It's like Pruitt took a queue from modern software engineering.

"Always release a small but mostly stable project that you can update to show support and improvement through visual metrics."