Pruitt on the fans (great quote)

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, May 2, 2018.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

When asked if it is reasonable to be patient with the fans:

“Well how patient do y’all think they’re gonna be with me?”

From a radio interview today in Nashville 104.5

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

he is no bs

lylsmorr likes this.
  3. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

oooooh, can't wait to see the reaction to this over at the other place. The butch slurpers are going to cry!

4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I like it

JayVols likes this.
  5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think it's safe to say he understands expectations

JayVols and RockyHill like this.
  6. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

I would like him to say something about those supporters, crying, and saying he uses their tears as lube to go in on their mother's poop chutes.

VolDad and NorrisAlan like this.
  7. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

He understands the business. He’s got 3 Years to turn this around or he’s next

JayVols likes this.
  8. IP

IP Super Moderator

And these things don't turn on a dime

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

We'll know by the end of the 18 season if he can do it or not IMO, even if we go 4-8 again (we won't).

10. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I think he's got 5 years, though it may get hairy for him if he doesn't produce by year 3. Dipshit Jones still had a solid group of supporters halfway through season 5. I, personally, think Pruitt will be fine. Every coach who gave a damn got recruits here, even Jones. However, Pruitt doesn't seem to be creating the landmines Jones did because of that moron's BS he gave to kids. I know he hasn't coached a game, but I haven't been this confident in the success of a UT coach since we hired Kiffin.

IP and Tenacious D like this.
  11. Ssmiff

They have a long way to go. Grainy footage and you can tell we need to get stronger, but Pruitt wasnt please with the first workout.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Same. And being honest with recruits has a value that lasts. It creates future opportunities with their former teammates and coaches. Lying to get people in the door has the opposite effect.

It's a dirty business, but it doesn't have to be one that lies to high school students.

13. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

You talking 8 and 4 good?

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Don't know the record. But in 3 years, we will either want him or we won't. We'll know.

15. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

IP, you know as well as anyone here, it takes at least 5-7 years to rebuild a program in the SEC.

16. Ssmiff

He needs a qb before hes going to do anything. A gamer that can make some throws and get us out of bad plays. We will run thru more coaches until one of them has a qb ready to play at a high level.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

I care most about it taking 4 quarters to win a game and 1 quarter to lose a game. That's what jones was missing long before he ran us into the ground.

NorrisAlan and kmf600 like this.
  18. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Brilliant. I love it.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Dobbs and Bray were plenty capable of winning a boatload of games. Honestly, Matt Simms hung around the NFL a good bit and looked halfway decent when he played. Worley was probably capable of being serviceable if he wasn't running the read option. Peterman and Ferguson both turned out to be really good college QBs. Crompton turned out to be a lot better than he appeared in Fulmer's final season. BJ Coleman, too. I wouldn't be surprised if Dormady does pretty well at Houston. Really hard for me to say QB has been our downfall.

We'll run through more QBs until one of them gets a coach that isn't a moron.

20. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

That's automatic contract extension performance back in Fulmer's days.