Pruitt quotes

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Oct 11, 2018.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

2. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Pruitt using the intro to basically say "Man y'all don't understand the shit these kids are going through to get on the field on Saturdays."

I really, really, really hope he makes it here, because he seems like a helluva players' coach.

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

He is sincere. The anti Kirby

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's incapable of lying

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

guy would have several more wins if he wasnt hamstrung by the GOAT of practice. Hes not mistake free by any means but tried another route and Maurer gets repeatedly knocked out of games. I honestly dont think Pruitt wants to put him out there and watch him go down again. Kid talking about suicide on social media within months of head injuries just sucks all around.
    Coulda pulled him at times last night but at least JG didnt turn it over. Bailey not ready and we couldnt have Shrout come in loose with throws and throw ints in a tight game.
    Sucks but it what it is until Bailey and the other kid coming in get on the field

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

maybe we can get up big on Missouri and give someone else some fame reps

Volokie, Volgrad98 and Memtownvol like this.
  7. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Vols vs Missouri noon game would’ve been a prime Jefferson Pilot game.

They really need to bring that back, if not only for the production quality and nostalgia feels.

8. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

Watching SEC network a 30 minute build up of South Carolina’s prep for Tennessee. Perhaps they really thought the Vols would lose and produced this building up the gator game Saturday. I hope we continue to ruin plans!

IP likes this.
  9. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

Coach Pruitt should never use the word resiliency, I’d prefer he’d say grit.

InVolNerable and Memtownvol like this.
  10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

"Just to be honest, Bob, this really pisses me off, just to be honest. Things that we’ve done from Day 1. And players that have done it from Day 1 here and done it the right way a bunch of times. We don’t get it right today. So I’ve obviously got to do a better job of getting them to understand where we can do it better.” - Pruitt to Bob postgame

"I can tell you this, we got a lot of guys that played really hard. Didn’t always execute at the highest level. We have to fix that. And then we had probably some guys that didn’t do too good. That’s OK. We’ll replace them. In these games, that’s what happens."

Memtownvol, JT5 and A-Smith like this.
  11. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

Wonder who he's talking about and I wonder if it will happen.

A-Smith likes this.
  12. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

The replay of his show is on UTSports.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's brutally honest on it. He says everything but Shamburger's name

14. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

He's pissed he lost like that to Kirby.

Memtownvol likes this.
  15. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

He was bad for sure. The last two weeks were bad at the nickel as well - I expected him to be rusty first week back.

16. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

Going into halftime leading 21-17 getting the ball to start the 2nd half I was thinking now we’ll see clock bleeding ball control offense, the o line will take over the game road grading for the RB’s and inspiring defense. Hmmmmm.....I wish I’d heard the locker room strategy in first person so this 2 nd half meltdown made sense.

17. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Penalty, sack fumble, interception, sack fumble will screw up any plan

Memtownvol, NorrisAlan and IP like this.
  18. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The dumb penalties really set off the avalanche and we had soooo many of the absolute stupidest penalties. Plus, we lucked out on a couple of other instances where Thompson threw a punch without penalty and Banks, I believe, kicked a Georgia player. The discipline was exceptionally poor yesterday.

Memtownvol likes this.
  19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The punch was aimed at the ball. It's okay to kick UGA players

InVolNerable likes this.
  20. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

In jest, yes. In reality, it's stupid and potentially costly to the team (And Thompson was throwing a punch which could have easily kicked him out of the game).