Pruitt - Two Year Review

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Dec 1, 2019.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He didn't the entire mess. He lost to two shit teams to start the year and finished 7-5, which is what everyone expected. He just did it the hardest way possible.

2. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

He was 8/11. Not incredible, but over 70% is pretty decent for a college kicker.

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I think it's a little too soon to say South Carolina and Kentucky aren't real games.

Vandy and Missouri do seem to be fading fast.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Missouri is in danger of falling off a cliff.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

When they fired Odom, they jumped off.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Kentucky will be a 6 or 7 win team with a chance to win 8 or 9 every three or four years under Stoops. He's assembled a decent staff and a decent roster. If he starts losing assistants, it could go sideways on him. South Carolina is experiencing Muschamp in all his glory. Vanderbilt is dead. Missouri is dead.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

would be funny to get him on UT's staff, and have him say something to the effect of, "guess the grass is actually greener here."

justingroves likes this.
  8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Either way, it was funny as hell

9. Dalekanium

Dalekanium Chieftain

I agree. Right at the point when sanctions hit is a pretty terrible time to be firing and hiring a coach.

10. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

The Dooley hire was stupid. You might argue fireable. But you've got to be pragmatic. Getting rid of an overpriced OC is still a lot easier than trying to replace a decent-ish coach at a place where it is really hard to win.

11. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

We've lost to UK twice since I've been living.

There's been some close ones with them throughout that period of time, but we simply dont lose that game.

They are about at the height of where they can be over that period of time too and we still beat them. It took Butch and Dooley for us to lose to them during the span I've been alive.

But my point is, it used to be that those were the only 3 games on the schedule. That's where we need to get to again, and we're not far from it.

justingroves and A-Smith like this.
  12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Like Basilio says, the only way they beat us is if we’re absolutely in crisis

justingroves likes this.
  13. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Yeah, if the hometown hero can’t make it while batting about .500 and with a $2.5M buyout can’t get more loyalty than that....he won’t likely be replaced by anyone who is

A) Worth a shit
    B) Who will likely do better
    C) That they can afford
    D) Who will stick around, even if does do well.

Welcome to the drain-circling hellscape of reaching further for replacements who are as increasingly risky and unproven as they are expensive to get rid of.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

if their expectations are a floor above 6-6, they should go back to the B12

Tenacious D and justingroves like this.
  15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Counzo's contract with Missouri has a clause where he literally can't be fired until May, 2020.

PilotFlyingJ and Tenacious D like this.
  16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

It's like they learned nothing from the last 10 years of Tennessee athletics.

justingroves likes this.
  17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Mizzou has had a lot of faux success the last ten years or so. Won an awful Big 12 North a few times. Even had that one year where they were a top 5 team for a bit when the Big 12 as a whole was way down. Then they come into the SEC when the division is as bad as it’s ever been and win it. I think they’ve built up a false sense of their capabilities.

I’d be curious to know the best SEC team they’ve beaten since they joined the conference.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

2018 Florida or 2013 UGA. They rarely beat an SEC team with a winning conference record.

19. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Everyone expected a win against GA State. The teams they beat were not very good. It was an okay season that should have been better. To me that means below average.

20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

They absolutely do not realize that winning the east a couple of times with Pinkel will be the pinnacle of their existence, and they don’t see it for the outlier it was.

A-Smith, turtles and Volgrad98 like this.