Pruitt vs Mullen

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by **TDCVOL**, Oct 13, 2019.

1. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Do you think Mullen would be doing much better with our team than Pruitt is at this point ? He’s impressed me at Florida. I know nobody likes and he’s a goober but I’m just talking coaching jobs here. He’s done pretty well IMO.

2. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Maybe the question I’m really asking is do you wish we would have gotten Mullen instead of Pruitt.

3. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

No, wish we would have got Gary Patterson way back when.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I can't stand Dan Mullen

hohenfelsvol likes this.
  5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I don’t really care if a guy is a goober or not if he can coach. Every situation is different, though, and I don’t know how to say he’d be doing here. As bad as McElwain was we’ve had about 10 years of worse. Even Muschamp was better than what we’ve had

6. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

He was never coming here so it’s a moot point. The only way we could’ve hired him was if Chip Kelly or Scott Frost had taken the Florida job.

7. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

He was coming here if Florida hadn’t called him. At least by all counts I’ve read. He stopped taking our calls when Florida called.

8. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Was Florida’s roster that much better (or any better) than ours when he took over ?

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

A look at NFL draft picks at Uf vs UT over last 2-3 years would show the talent

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Tennessee was leverage. He was leaving MSU for someone, he knew UF was going to come open so he kept an offer in his pocket from Tennessee until Frost and Kelly said no.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yes, especially on the defensive side.

hohenfelsvol likes this.
  12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

UF is going to be incredibly thin next season on the oline and all over their defense. They lost 40% of their 2019 recruiting class and their 2018 recruiting class wasn't great.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Feel like I've been reading this for three consecutive years.

A-Smith, TDVol1989, vols85 and 9 others like this.
  14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I can't stand him but he has done a better job than I expected he would. He is Butch 2.0 but with some actual knowledge of football.

15. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

He knows how to set up mismatches based on defensive alignment and how to move the sticks.

16. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

Good coach and motivator but what about recruiting and managing the roster? Mullen's personality has to turn off recruits and their families.

17. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

I have always heard that Tebow will privately tell people about his disdain for Mullen dating back to his UF days.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

None of the other coaches lost nearly half a signing class with a hard 25 limit

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

The hard 25 is going to have to change.

20. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

I’m sure it will change the instant Tennessee football becomes relevant again.

warhammer, A-Smith and Memtownvol like this.