Pruitt...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by BigOrangeBeech, Oct 19, 2019.

1. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Same. I haven't yelled at a TV like that since 2015. Then Taylor got called for that cockamamie bullshit.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

This is so true. Had we gotten to within a touchdown, you could tell the Bama offense could not maintain a balanced attack. That's all we had to do. Make them have to pass. We were *that* close. The difference of any one of the things you mentioned, and that is a 1 score game with 8 minutes left in the fourth.

reVOLt and Memtownvol like this.
  3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm thinking that

1) JG had a massive part in that

2) I think he learned a lot and it won't happen again

Lexvol likes this.
  4. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

So he was in a shitty situation having to go all in on JG before the season started, because it looks like very poor judgement in retrospect.

I hope you’re right about the lesson learned.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

It really depends what he can bring in. We need one more QB besides Maurer (seems to be Bailey), and we need the defense to know their assignments, and I really do think we are VERY close.

The difference between being good and being shit is really fairly narrow. And Alabama sort of illustrates that. Take away Tua, and they looked no better than Florida or South Carolina.

Memtownvol likes this.
  6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think he had to because of the locker room, because JG's seniority, and because the other two just weren't quite "ready." But half-baked is better than road kill.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

My wife was shushing me

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I really can't let this go. Let's say we don't fumble on that 4th and goal, but don't convert. It's 8 minutes left with that Bama offense backed up in the goal. There's got to be at least a 50 % chance we hold them right there, and maybe even get a safety. That game would NOT be over.

Memtownvol likes this.
  9. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

I agree...I think he needed leadership where there was no capacity for it.

IP likes this.
  10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm sure in hindsight, he would have played Maurer before being 0-2.

11. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I feel like if we don't get to a bowl game this year, then we'll fly under the radar, beat OU or play them close but since they lose Jalen and maybe even Riley, it'll be looked over, then we'll beat UGA on the road then finish the season 6-1 with a NY6 bowl win.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

This is a very specific feeling.

PilotFlyingJ and justingroves like this.
  13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Just got back from my sons Halloween party. Was watching game when that phantom hold happened and then the bullshit unsportsmanlike.

I haven't been that angry at something OTHER THAN Tennessee in a long time. Normally I am pissed at our team and coaches.

Tonight, those SEC refs can suck a giant bag of [Richards]. Those swing the game hard, and it was so [uck fay]ing blatant.

I am cautiously optimistic about the rest of the year.

I missed the first half, did Maurer play and if so, what happened to him?

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Got concussed.

15. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Even if we get to a bowl, we'll only get token kudos, but it just feels like a big step will be taken next year in terms of physicality. We lose a lot but I think the growth of certain players combined with a general lack of respect will serve us until the Bama game next year and then we just manhandle the rest of the schedule.

EDIT: UGa game is in November

16. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Maurer's cranium is Mr Glass

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

But the lines will be young and thin.

18. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Pruitt has a LONG way to go to get me to reconsider. I do like seeing him more passionate.

Maurer can not possibly be our qb. With all due respect he is glass joe. Doesnt mean he is no good. Doesn’t mean he isn’t tough. But damn. 3 straight games he’s injured? I like him but dude. And he can’t be messing around with multiple concussions. Those things start to add up in a hurry. I wonder if Shrout gets the comm.

JJ does have some drops every now and then but dang, he has the balls. Who takes over?

team played hard. Refs should be fined.

Bama felt this one. Period. They got punched. JG and his Arian Foster tribute ruined the score but Bama knows.

19. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

I've been pretty good about checking out on UT this year.

Had to tell my wife tonight that I just couldn't follow her story because the game was messing me up. God bless her for understanding.

20. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Told you that it would have been a helluva time to take up drinking, it just turned out to be for a different reason.