Pruitt...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by BigOrangeBeech, Oct 19, 2019.

1. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

We've got a lot of guys that are highly sought after. Ssmiff is right on needing bodies, which I think we will get. What I don't want to see is what Butch/Dooley did with their classes which is fill them up 6 foot 190 lbs. athletes without having any clue on what they would do with them once they got on campus. Nearly all of those guys washed out without making an impact or their name is Tyler Byrd. Continuing that trend of filling out classes is what gets your ass whipped around the LOS for the foreseeable future.

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

We need to add some guys like Gilbert and Washington.

chavisut likes this.
  3. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Between Gilbert and Washington I think we have a better shot with Washington. Gilbert is announcing tomorrow. I have a family member on my wife's side that is from Marietta and he thinks its gonna be Bama. Says nothing to worry about with Bailey and Ojulari.

Need to get that west coast LB, Sewell Thatd be two in a row from that region

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Gilbert announcing tomorrow and we didn't make his final 5

5. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Yes. I think they’ll get the instate targets, with Thomas being the least likely. Then they’ll snag a 4 star or two nobody is talking about. After that, they’ll finish with a few last minute offer guys.

Top 15ish.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
  6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I wouldn't be surprised to reel in either Washington or Sewell. Niedermeyer has been on both since middle school.

Trenton Simpson may be a "signing day surprise". He just decommitted from Auburn

7. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I think Simpson goes to UNC

If he doesnt commit somewhere soon though, it could be a good sign.

8. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

UNC is about to make things very difficult when it comes to recruiting in the Carolinas.

9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Noticed the post says "like" in front of their names.

10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

If UNC lands a better class than us Pruitt should be immediately fired.

11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I didn't know if you knew or not. I just read it this morning

zehr27 likes this.
  12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I do too, but there's a lot of peer recruiting going on right now

13. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

One, no. They are a media darling right now or at least have been, but multiple, yes.

14. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

All you needed to know about college recruiting could have been learned by watching Johnny Be Good.

15. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Yeah, I've heard in the original script for the movie that there is a scene where Johnny takes turns doing lines off a prostitutes' ass with Jackie Sherrill.

16. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

We are improving, mostly because of the QB. Pruitt decided JG was the best option for this team at the beginning of the season, so the blame is all on him.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

the defense went from not being able to line up, to not being able to pressure, to now consistently doing so. the line went from being nonfactors to imposing their will against the #1 team in the country. I argue that those are way bigger factors, and I point to the continued reliance on JG to close out games as the supporting evidence. because he hasn't changed at all.

Tar Volon, Tenacious D and Memtownvol like this.
  18. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I’d like to know what lead Pruitt to blistering Weinke’s ass on the sidelines during the Bama game.

19. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Does a man need a reason to cuss a man named Weinke?

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He remembered Weinke said the only reason Tennessee won in 1998 was because he was hurt

mmmjtx likes this.