Pruitt's failure

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Nov 9, 2020.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

You won't. He's going to be lucky to make it through the season without being fired this year.

2. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

maybe but ogre pulled a Gene Chizik

3. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Count me as one of the ones. Granted it's not looking good but I'm still holding out and hoping he can turn it around after this year. Naïve I know but until he's fired, all I can do is hope and complain.

NorrisAlan and IP like this.
  4. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

The guy who was 33-28 at Youngstown State with 3 of his 5 seasons at .500 or under and was 4-11 against ranked FCS teams outside of his one good season?

The guy who just gave up an SEC record number of passing yards and 5 TDs against a team that has averaged 239 passing yards/game with 3 passing TDs total and 12 INTs in their other 5 games?

The guy who puts Chavis to shame with his 105th ranked 3rd down D, 123rd ranked pass D, 112th ranked total D, and 84th in points allowed?

The guy who Butch looked up to for his "[uck fay] em all" outburst with his eloquently put fan blasting of, "Our crowd. What a bunch of [uck fay]ing fair-weather [uck fay]ing—they can all kiss my ass out the [uck fay]ing door. 'Cause the day is [uck fay]ing coming now. We'll see what they can do when I'm [uck fay]ing gone. I'm so [uck fay]ing pissed off."

That guy would do better than I think he would? Probably, but that's only because my expectations of him are pretty near nadir.

5. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

He's failed in all the areas where I thought he'd be strong.

6. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I was pretty negative toward the program moreso than Pruitt, and honestly, I can still see him leaving here with his buyout, going back to papa Saban, then whooping our asses in 5-6 years after Saban's heart caves in on itself into a black hole of anger and disgust. The problem at Tennessee goes deeper than the HFC. And only the *right* guy can come in and fix that, which is why I'm not so ready to go into another coaching search, because nobody should want to be here, and the only guy that looks like he could be *the guy* is Freeze, and that's a whole metric [uck fay]ton of nope from me.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

He was on upward trend until this year and we all saw improvement the last 2. Would be a few more wins if he didnt have to play the worst qb to wear the T.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

He doesn’t have to

TDVol1989 and JT5 like this.
  9. Ssmiff

Due to covid, he absolutely couldnt throw Bailey in. Now there is no excuse.
    Maurers head is messed up, still.
    Bad timing and luck to begin the season

10. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

They should have maybe could have brought in a grad transfer but didn't.

11. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

He could have done whatever he wanted.

12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Bailey could have been in a coma from his last game in high school until 5 minutes before the coin toss of the South Carolina game and he would have still been a better option than Guarantano to start game one.

13. Ssmiff

Maybe so but he was an early graduate, missed spring, summer and first month of camp so i understand, as much as i despise JG

14. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I’m tired of watching guys coach like they’re entitled to 10 practice seasons here before we start the clock. There hasn’t been a goddam ounce of urgency in this program since, 2006, maybe 2009.

Spare me the “brick by bricks,” and “year zeroes,” and “we’re not gonna rush our young guys.”

Winners are never that comfortable with average. But every head man at Tennessee is.

15. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I like some of the responses.

"Gotta make that buyout money."

17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

That play to end the half just about sums up this whole [uck fay]ing year.

utvol0427 likes this.
  18. Ssmiff

Like when Rudy sacks Vince Vaughn and the coach from the Exorcist tells Vince "that sums up your entire career.."

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

100 yards rushing in the 3rd quarter and 0 points.

20. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I look at this roster and can’t help but see a top 25 team. And then we see how they’re coached and it’s just baffling