Pruitt's failure

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Nov 9, 2020.

1. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

S&C took a hit. Just when we were starting to look like we had turned the corner in the trenches

warhammer likes this.
  2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Our OL dominated auburn ftr. Covid hurt S & E as much as anything as players had to work alone and its not the same. Missed months of team workouts

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The S&C hasn't been an issue at all.

zehr27 likes this.
  4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They only have a handful of things they can do offensively due to Guarantano. They do it all in the first 30 minutes

Memtownvol and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I disagree

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
  6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

UGA and Bama made us look like a jv team up front. Much worse than last year. UK of all teams whooped us up front. Saturday did look much better

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

There's a difference in being lost and confused and being physically weak. Tennessee has been lost and confused

SetVol13 likes this.
  8. Ssmiff

Our DL interior isnt good and lbs arent good, regardless of weight training. And we lost Gooden for good and Middleton for game or two to boot. Additionally, when you are limited offensively at qb, the OL is going to be in trouble at times.
    Ga was sending 5 or 6, run blitzing and forcing us to throw. Thought the OL did ok vs bama rushing yards were comparable. I believe we were 8-32 on 3rd downs in those games and easy to defend on those 3rd downs.
    We were gashing Ky at 5 ypc then JG happened and another 3/12 on 3rd downs. OL gets better when drives arent stalled and 12-44 on 3rd downs makes it all look even worse.. Ky didnt reach 300 yards even as our dejected defense quit due to JG. Still doesnt have to do with S & E lacking imo, anymore than other teams have had to deal with.

9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

That had more to do with being misaligned and confusion than strength. We are still way ahead of the Butch and Dooley years and no worse than last year.

10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

This.

11. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

Auburn is TRASH. Look at their schedule this year so far.

Beat Kentucky at home to start the season 29-13. Get beat at Georgia (who are overrated also) 27-6.

Barely squeak by Arkansas at home 30-28

Lose 30-22 at South Carolina to a coach that got fired

Win 35-28 at Ole Miss.

Beat down LSU 48-11 but LSU is pretty well garbage this season also.

Who have they beaten that's worth a damn? I think you could argue the best team they've beaten is maybe Ole Miss and they are 3-4.

The entire SEC is basically down this year. Bama isn't even as good as usual but they are still the best team. Florida and A&M aren't far behind then it's a pretty good gap to Georgia and Ole Miss. Then the rest of the league is all at the bottom of the ladder beating each other up. Well, except us at this point in the season. Coach Gomer is still at Home Depot shopping for ladders with JG.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's almost like a pandemic screwing up spring, summer and fall practice and a 10 game sec schedule made a difference

Memtownvol, hohenfelsvol and IP like this.
  13. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

This is why I think Pruitt ultimately gets another year.

14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Its a guarantee. He is 100% coming back next year. All bets are off after next year though.

justingroves likes this.
  15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He'll have to quit to not be here in 2021 or fist fight either Thunder or a Haslam.

zehr27 likes this.
  16. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

Yes, of course that makes a difference but every team is also affected. LSU was due for a letdown when they lost so much firepower. Bama can be Bama because of their absurd amount of overall talent. I think A&M and Florida have both taken a step up though. Arkansas is still very bad but at least they are improved. Mississippi is at least fun to watch and MSU will be once Leach gets some more of his type of players in there. I mean they gave Georgia all they could handle and they were without nearly 50 players - that's insane.

We realistically should be - at worst - 4-3 right now or maybe 5-2. There's no excuses for the losses to Kentucky or Arkansas and we should have won at Auburn. Yet here we are......with Coach Gomer on Xanax roaming the sidelines with his prized QB #2 trotting out there to find new ways to lose games.

Memtownvol likes this.
  17. Ssmiff

Florida is shit without Trask, imo.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Pruitt is dealing with a shit show of his own creation right now on top of shit show that's out of his hands. He hasn't helped himself with riding #2 but I genuinely thing Bailey is the starter from day one in a normal off season

Memtownvol likes this.
  19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

He’s lucky in the sense that Covid gives him an excuse, because with a full offseason and pre-season and an athletic department budget humming along, this type of season would be getting him shit canned.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Tennessee should be 5-2, but they aren't. The biggest issue is Guarantano. His replacement had maybe 3 practices this fall with the majority of players practicing before the season started. Covid did hit Tennessee different because of the contact tracing implemented by the school, city and county, other cities and states didn't have it.

Now, I'm pissed off because he keeps rolling Guarantano out there, but I understand why he didn't to start the season.

I have no idea why Bailey didn't start Arkansas onwards. It's frustrating but Pruitt had things going on a decent upward trend until the 3rd quarter of the Georgia game. The man can coach, but he's decided to double down on himself right now with a staff he doesn't get along with.

There will be some staff changes and if there isn't improvement, Pruitt won't be here in 2022.

Memtownvol and IP like this.