Pruitt's "signature win"

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

He outschemed Gus after first quarter pretty badly. Also predicted Auburn halftime adjustments and were waiting on them. Also saw some guys shoot upfield if they made the quick read to disrupt, instead of trying to see everything then react.
    Best use of bye week i recall. Ever.

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

100%. I was starting to lose faith that Pruitt was going to be able to be a HC. The D was looking a lot better which I expected with having a defensively minded HC but the game execution was not looking like I had hoped it would. Saturday it was there. I think he is starting to get it and making decisions that a HC needs to make. I hope this continues the rest of the year and we finish strong.

3. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Just short of the safeties.

4. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Don't let Snell run for 200, and don't lose the turnover battle and that's a win. They have no passing game at all.

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Yes. If JG can do a good job of moving the safeties some we can beat them down the field with our guys.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

ashame we have to follow with bama. if Vandy, Ky or SC were coming in town Saturday, it would be a rowdy crowd beatdown imo.

Memtownvol and utvol0427 like this.
  8. IP

IP Super Moderator

hey, at least Bama has to show up.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

ITT, IP wishes death on the Alabama football team

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I sure as hell have never wished them a long or happy life. [uck fay] 'em.

Memtownvol, utvol0427 and NorrisAlan like this.
  11. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

[uck fay] Bama week has started with a great win over the other team in Alabama. I woke up hung over as hell but with a smile on Sunday. First time in many years.

reVOLt likes this.
  12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Unfortunately, we'll have to settle for a rowdy crowd and a close win.

justingroves likes this.
  13. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

The OL improvement from week 1 is really impressive as was Saturday’s performance.

And Auburn may be bad right now but I’m in agreement with those here in saying that it doesn't diminish that win. They didn’t just outlast a team that couldn’t stop stepping on its own [penis]. They came out in the second half and outfought a more talented team whose season was on the brink.

14. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Lol at “Auburn halftime adjustments”. That is not a thing. Gus worked Pruitt pretty good last year but Pruitt has basically owned him and wrote the book on stopping a major part of his offense (jet sweep - 2013 Natty).