Put Up or Shut Up Time

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Sep 5, 2015.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

No excuses. I don't care how young they are, who is injured, anything. The talent is there to make a big step forward next Saturday. Win or get out. There is no in between.

2. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I expect a minor blowout and not in a good way.

3. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I'm with Card.

4. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

They will not win next week. This is a 6/7 win team at best.

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Has to get Kirkland on the field. Also has to get Khalil and Shy on the field.

6. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

And needs to have a damn clue on coverages.

7. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

It won't matter.

8. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I had convinced myself we had a shot next week prior to this game. I am no longer remotely hopeful. That was some horrible defense. The lack of pass rush was very disappointing. Yes they are a senior oline but they are also a MAC school.

I liked BGs coach though.

9. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

We have problems. So does oklahoma.

I expect the vertical passing game to open up next week. We're good enough offensively to win a shootout in Neyland. Still think it's a 8 win team.

10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Until I see something far better than tonight's product, I am sticking with 6-6.

11. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

Good luck.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

5th year senior quarterback, former 5 star receivers... I dunno, maybe it isn't as bad as it looked, felt, and smelled. Maybe it's not a duck, just a quacking grey parrot that fell into some paint.

13. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

This team has players.

I think we're so accustomed to getting our teeth kicked in now that we over analyze every UT issue and assume the upcoming opponent has its shit together.

Certainly, Oklahoma has an advantage on the sideline (as they do in 90+% of their contests), but I think the Vols have a slight edge in personnel. couple that with home field, and we "turn the corner" and grab an upset, 38-35.

14. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

That dude made some throws. May be among the top 3 passers we face this season.

15. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Where was the safety help over the top?

16. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Covering the receiver motioned from the right.

17. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Safeties stayed in Knoxville and watched the Oklahoma game. #biggameprep

18. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Are you quoting UGA fans circa '09??

19. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

He was dropping them in there but multiple times he wouldn't have had to to make the completion. We have them room for mistakes and he didn't need it. I'm hoping the injuries + Martinez left us confused.

Can folks outline for me what they think Jumper's biggest negative effects were. Placement or just play?

20. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

BG has a more than decent offense. Their qb was making some throws and their receivers were making catches. That aside, our secondary had a bad night and we didn't get as much pressure up front as I was expecting.