Q&A: Donald Trump's 'first attempt to ignore the law

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by OrangeEmpire, Jan 10, 2017.

1. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Free electricity and wifi

2. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Theres a couple of people that already get that

3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

This is dumb. Science works because it isn't about the money. Once it's big money, corruption is always added in.

4. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

More dumb. Read more about Edison. He was commercial from the word go. Einstein wasn't.

5. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

You are right, that was dumb. Otherwise, one would easily conclude that business must be corrupt, as it is about money. So, just how corrupt are you?

Corruption in science is present be there money or not. That's why the best science is open to discussion (and the smallest of private contracts amongst busiesses generally aren't). Money and business have nothing to do with it.

6. fl0at_

No shit Edison was commercial from the word go, which is why I said, exactly, to quote, "Edison ran his like a business." Just what did you think I meant by that?

And you're point is? That Edison was hindered by his commercialization? Because that's a dumb point, as he wasn't hindered. Which is strong support for allowing those to want to run their science lab like a business to do so.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Right. I wholeheartedly agree. That's exactly my point: the Russia stuff predates and is separate from whatever this is.

8. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

He wasn't a scientist. He was a damn engineer.

9. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Why should he be hindered. You're being an utter idiot. I didn't say the two are mutually exclusive. I said we should be skeptical of those in it for money. Think better. Argue where you have some idea what you're talking about.

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

You have pet topics. Leave this one. Regulated commerce isn't the same as massively funded junk science.

11. fl0at_

And just what exactly made him an engineer, and not someone applying the scientific method for new discovery? You say engineer. I call your bullshit. He was as in the unknown for his inventions as science is for modeling.

And you are confusing the small subset of academic research with being "a scientist."

And that is as wrong as can be.

12. fl0at_

Why should we be skeptical of someone in it for the money? Is business not in it for the money? Orthopedic surgeons?

You say skepticism, again I say bullshit. Science at least had the courtesy to be open and published, and business contracts do not.

You want skepticism? Fine. I'll concede there should be, and we'll call it peer review publication. And the level of skepticism should be way less than that of every business.

13. fl0at_

You are right, the "junk science" is at least open to peer review where every Tom [penis] and Harry that thinks they understand modeling can review it.

Commerce isn't. And should anyone being to question it, they are told to stay in their lane. Like just now.

So yea, way different.

14. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Wait, what are we referring to as junk science here?

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Any science conducted by professionals, unless they are employed by a commercial entity. Public sector, government sector, non-profit, and academic science is "junk science." The only real science is that which is not held to open peer review and transparency.

16. y2korth

y2korth Contributor

Forensics

17. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

I find it amusing the left is all to willing to fall all over this which has next to zero credibility, yet they want no part of pedophilia code in Podesta's emails that have been verified.

18. y2korth

y2korth Contributor

Forensics

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, "pedophilia code." Cool.

How's this for code: [youtube]3VjpE3Z1-bw[/youtube]

20. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

You've got to be shitting me.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017