POLITICS Q or QAnon

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by VolDad, Aug 7, 2018.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Don't you love how this works? The original assertion is debunked, so the argument seamlessly transitions to another logical fallacy, in this case a Hasty Generalization/Misunderstanding Statistics/Non-Representative Sample logical fallacy.

It's more reliable than Old-Faithful.

2. JayVols

You knew what I was referring to, which was the reason I chose a well-recognized symbol.

3. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I stand corrected. Susan G Komen is dead. Whoever is running that "charity" can go [uck fay] themselves.

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

You got me. I was mistaken. Omegas and Kappas want as many white dudes as possible, and many black students do not attend hbcs for racial/cultural reasons. You are right.

5. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Thanks for confirming.

_Crew_ and JayVols like this.
  6. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Excuse me, fraternity

7. JayVols

My apologies.

kmf600 likes this.
  8. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

I (then a late-20s white dude) went with a good friend and co-worker (then an early-30s black dude) to his alma mater (an HBCU) and their football match against another HBCU. I had told him that I had an interest in going, but I wanted something of a road-guide to it but I didn't want to commit any transgressions. He identified a good weekend where it was a game they would compete well in and we went.

The environment was overall very welcoming. I got a couple of cross looks where the intent was obvious but that is a disparate minority. Far more people were friendly than cross and most people simply didn't care who or what I was. He took me around campus, did some random tailgating and then he took me to his frat get-together. It wasn't an official thing, as he said there is some stuff that is "frat only" but it was overall pretty chill. I'm not a greek of any kind, but it was about the same as the typical white dude frat pre-game that I went to with a buddy from UT.

I asked my buddy how it would have gone if I had attended his HBCU (where there are scholarships for whites as a minority to encourage diversity, ironically enough) and he effectively said if I handled myself like I did and researched the frat and it's traditions and had a thick skin, I'd be fine.