POLITICS Q or QAnon

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by VolDad, Aug 7, 2018.

1. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Where are these blacks only colleges and frats you speak of?

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Your faith in the altruism of society is admirable, though exceptionally naive. If allowed, discrimination would be so widespread and accepted in some parts that one store wouldn't make a blip on the radar. Minority rights, whether they be for black people, someone speaking Spanish in a store, women, Muslims, etc. are the reason we have such things as laws and even the Bill of Rights. Murfreesboro residents tried to ban local Muslims from building a religious center just a few years ago as similarly happened in Manhattan a few years earlier.

The Pandora's Box of problems opening up without minority protections would be vast and uncontrollable by silly ideas of Randian philosophy and free market corrections in society by a entity, the general public, not exactly known for thoughtful, calm and rational responses. You'd have job discrimination, refusals of clinics to treat people, just a massive list.

Of course, the reason some people really believe this would work is due to never experiencing such discrimination, at least, not in a meaningful way.

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Yeah I dont think a whites only cupcake store in downtown nashville is going to do anything except make the owners life miserable, even after they are closed after a month in business and 5 cupcakes sold. Shockingly, all chocolate.

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

So, you think segregation dies without the Civil Rights Act? Shit, there were towns in Mississippi having white and black proms up until a couple of years ago.

And, it doesn't have to be a whites only store in the middle of a multi-cultural liberal city like Nashville. Would a store in rural Tennessee go under for refusing to serve Muslims? What about a store in an American suburb which kicked out anyone speaking Spanish? How many businesses would stop hiring people from certain groups?

The problem your argument has is that we live in a society with these protections already existing and a part of our consciousness. What does our society look like if they never exist? Does our country magically become non-discriminatory on their own, respecting the rights of all people inherently? It's incredibly silly and naive to think so. It's akin to the "slavery would have died out on its own" crowd. There's no reason to believe it's true.

NashVol11 and JayVols like this.
  5. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Whoever asked about "blacks only colleges", you"re an idiot. I bet you yell All Lives Matter when you see something about Black Lives Matter, don't you? To channel Trae Crowder, do you also get pissed and tell Susan G. Komen to chill with all the pink stuff because all cancer sucks?

There are no such things as all black colleges, in the exclusionary sense. They are called Historically Black Colleges...and they all weren't founded by blacks...

From The Washington Post:

Now, point 2. Whites only lunch counters were/are institutionally supported segregation based on the specific characteristic not being white. So, surely, an "all black college", which is exactly like a jackalope in that they do not exist, would also be institutionally supported segregation based on the specific characteristic of not being black, right? Well, no. See Historically Black Colleges. Let's go back to The Post:
    So, no, an HBCU is not a racist institution, nor are they exclusionary. At all. But MAGATS have never let simple things like facts get in their way of their snowflake victimhood whining over anything. If untruths and distortion/ignorance of actual, verifiable facts serves their purpose of howling at that unwanted changing of community demographics that the piece of shit, Laura Ingraham, so eloquently explained to the world, it's all good.

So take that, "what about black colleges?" false, racist bullshit and shove them straight up your ass. Look at the bright side. You'll then be able to piss and moan about being a victim of some kind of bodily violation too. And a MAGAT never passes up an opportunity to play the victim card.

6. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

When I finished my military tour in '75, I almost went to Tennessee State on a minority scholarship. My aunt was a guidance counselor and said she could make it happen because they were really recruiting non-blacks, especially returning vets.

I chose to return to UT because of the Engineering College (and it was my Dad's Alma mater.)

JayVols likes this.
  7. JayVols

Your real, verifiable experience doesn't fit the narrative; therefore, FAKE NEWS! Remember MAGATS, what you see/hear is not what is really happening....

8. Ssmiff

Jay you should to an Omega rush party on one of many campuses and see if you are allowed in.

And I didnt mention anything about or request your lesson on HBCs. I'm also aware enough, and not blind, to understand one of the reasons why many of those students choose to go to hbcs is to be around people similar to them with similar background, color and race. I see nothing wrong with it. Where being black means you are in the majority along with 75% of the other students, vs in the minority. Ignoring that reason, which would be consisered racist if races reversed, is ignoring reality.

And i still think someone should be able to not bake a cake for someone if they didnt take their money and dont want to, for whatever reason they choose.

9. JayVols

So, it was Ssmiff. Not surprised. Had to be either him or DC.

10. Ssmiff

and not surprised you create something out of air and go on a tangent. Your lack of understanding of why 1000's of black students choose hbc's each year, which is to stay away from people that look like you and be around people they feel more comfortable around, is funny, whether you want to consider them racist or not.

And while we are here, your boy Trump did more for HBC's in the last 18 months than Obama did in 8 years

11. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

12. JayVols

There's no need to respond to me. Just trying to save you effort.

_Crew_ likes this.
  13. Ssmiff

i'd rather Jay just go up to a rush party and see if they will let him join.

14. JayVols

15. JayVols

I clicked to reveal it just for giggles.

Seeing how I'm a Melungeon with a sub-Saharan Africa genetic component, I'm not so sure me pledging would prove the (racist appearing) point you're trying to make.

I lived next door to 2 Alpha Phi Alpha guys for 2 years in college. Me & my roommate hung out with them and their frat brothers all the time. It was lots of fun & we all learned from each other.

But I am not the frat type. I had no desire to pledge Alpha, Omega, Sigma Chi, Sig Ep, or any of them. So I didn't.

emainvol likes this.
  16. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

A historically black fraternity at a historically black college doesn't have many white members? Shocking

Please cite specific examples of when you were denied entry to an Omega party anywhere, Ssmiff

JayVols likes this.
  17. Ssmiff

Not going to argue. If you think Omega welcomes any and all white dudes into their fraternities all over the country, go ahead. If you dont think many students are choosing a specific college to be around fewer white people, thats fine as well. Nothing to debate.
    But geez a little redneck bakery better make muffins for all, or else.

18. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

So you are saying that you are full of shit and have no idea what you are talking about. Thanks, got it.

JayVols likes this.
  19. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Bad example. That [itch bay] can burn in hell

20. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I don't know that Susan G Komen herself is who this should be directed at, but aside from providing visibility for breast cancer, the charity is a bit questionable, yea