Racing Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by The Dooz, Jan 13, 2015.

1. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I can't speak for these guys, but when I raced motorcycles, I would race as many events as possible to get more track time or practice.

2. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

saw on NASCAR's twitter that Kyle has a lower right leg compound fracture and a left mid-foot fracture

3. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

What type of racing, what bikes?

4. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I raced a CBR 600. Championship Cup Series. A lot of guys that raced the AMA would race with us then pull off the track on the last lap so they wouldn't take our contingency money. They also did it for the track time.

5. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I had one foray into road racing at Nelson Ledges at a WERRA race. raced dirt bikes. Did you ever know a suzuki rider named Jim Trampe?

6. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Can't say I know that name. Never got into dirt bikes. What is it called when they put slicks on the dirt bikes and race them on the road courses?

7. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Logano seems like a decent enough kid. Good for him and good for Penske.

8. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

enjoy his feud with Harvick

9. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Don't really get the hate for him, he's got enough fire to not be a robot, but he's not an a hole for the sake of being one either. Plus he can wheel.

10. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Dummy Cross?

I think Super Cross.

11. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I'm not a big fan of the Daytona races. It kind of sucks, to me, to watch 30 guys front to back, side to side, all within 1 1/2 seconds of each other. Another thing is, everyone in the world knows how these races end now, 3 laps to go, someone is going to crash and take out half the field. Then when they get restarted, one more crash on the last lap.

12. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

My only complaint is NASCAR's inconsistency. One year they get to race back to the line then the next year they decide to end it with a caution. I mean, I should be used to it by now but it would really be nice if they were clear about when guys can race to the line or not.

13. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Seems to me like it's just a judgement call at the time. However, it wasn't going to matter. Logano was driving away when they threw it in the middle of 3.

14. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I'm actually glad Logano won given the option between him or Harvick. I would have preferred Jr. out of the top three but agree, Logano probably wins regardless of caution. I don't have a problem with a judgement call but just wonder how they come to the conclusion of when to end the race with a yellow flag or when to let them race for the checkered flag. If a wreck occurs where it would be unsafe for safety crews or other drivers to race to the flag than I get it but in this case, Gordon wrecked on the backstretch on the other side of the track. I just wonder what they saw differently in 2007 that made that safe to race to the flag in comparison to yesterday. Again, this is me thinking out loud, I get that they've been this way since the beginning. Like it was mentioned earlier, Kurt is out while Travis Kvapil isn't. I just find a WWE aspect to Nascar that could be improved.

15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I don't really worry about it because NASCAB's jock sniffing media is never going to hold their feet to the flame on any issue for fear of losing their meal tickets.

16. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Long been the way it is.

Whether they throw a last lap caution is at least partly dependent upon who is leading. It was a shame they couldn't finish under green. I agree that Logano would most likely win, but many positions were up in the air.

17. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Rough week all around for Busch brothers.

18. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

They should have let it go. It appeared the wreck was far enough past the start finish they could have got the cars slowed down or even stopped well before that point.

I think the finish would have close with like you said plenty of other good races behind them.

19. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I'm not a fan of Logano. There's just something about him I've never cared for. Kid can flat wheel though.

20. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Nascar is definitely in a good spot with a lot of young talent, especially if some of the guys lower levels pan out.