Racing Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by The Dooz, Jan 13, 2015.

1. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

My guess is that he saved early on in the stint before, got clean air, cranked it, and short filled. He couldn't have done more than 15 laps on his penultimate stint.

2. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

JOSEF ****ING NEWGARDEN

*mic drop*

3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Hopefully Danica goes away now.

4. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I've not been keeping up, what happened?

5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

No sponsor. She's out at SHR.

6. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I don't like her. No doubt. But my daughter loved wearing her Danica Patrick shirt and loved seeing her turn laps at the track. Hope another young female driver is out there to draw young girls in to love the sport.

7. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

The NHRA has loads of super talented females, and they are so accessible on race weekends.

8. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Max Verstappen is a ****ing clown and should be parked for that chicken shit he pulled today.

Hambone is gifted yet another World Championship it seems.

9. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

What happened?

10. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Josef ****ing Newgarden

11. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Lol that was Vettel if anyone

12. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Huh? He was clear of everybody.

13. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

He's going to win a shitload of everything. So awesome to see him win. And it was also cool to see him have a moment with Sarah Fisher.

14. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

He started to chop Max right before the braking zone. He probably wasnt expecting Raikkonen to get as good of a start as he did. Max had his nose up to Vettels sidepod the entire time. He had no right to chop Max like that.

15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

The entire time? By the time the got to the breaking zone Vettel was easily clear of him. Vettel doesn't make any contact with Max as they position themselves into the first turn.

it was Max trying to block Kimi that started the chain reaction. He should have backed out and let the Ferraris go as they clearly both had far better starts than he did.

16. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

And now Danica Patrick. In the last few years, NASCAR has lost Jeff Gordon, Tony Stewart, Carl Edwards and be will losing her, Dale Jr and Matt Kenneth on Sunday.

As for Danica, you know, it’s interesting as my thoughts have changed over the years. The NASCAR thing was never going to work. She was never going to win. But if I ever have a daughter and take her to the race track (because you know I will), I hope there’s a female driver for her to look up to. And that female driver will be there be there because of Janet Guthrie, Sarah Fisher, The Force sisters. And Danica Patrick. That’s pretty cool.

17. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I would really like to see Bubba Wallace do well in the 43. I've been pulling for him since I found out he was a Vol fan.

Larson may be the next big thing in Nascar.

Elliott may be the next Mark Martin if he keeps finishing 2nd.

I wonder if Byron could use more time in Xfinity...he looks 14.

Joey Logano is only 27 years old? He's been in cup for almost 10 years. Hard to believe.

I hope Truex Jr. wins the championship this year.

18. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Happy for Truex...wish NBC would do separate interview for TV and track so I don't have to listen to echo on everything.

19. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Glad to see Martin Truex,Jr win it. You could literally see the years of frustration being shook off like a dog shakes off water.

20. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator