Racing Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by The Dooz, Jan 13, 2015.

1. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Lol @ Wallace Jr's interview

10SEvols likes this.
  2. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Ideally, you’d like to see a pass for the win and not a wreck for the win, but yes, it was the same thing that happened all week.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yeah, but seeing the 3 car just knock a guy out of the way was fun

4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Yes and no.

6. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

That makes me like Almirola a lot too

7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Definitely brings back memories.

8. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Can I say, this thing where they have a winner of different stages, it's just dumb as [uck fay]. Can we just have 40 guys drive around, the guy in first place at the end wins? Racing is just dumb anymore

9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Thought it was a pretty good race outside of the un necessary early blocking. Thought Hamlin was going to pull it off.

10. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

I thought it was a good race. I think having the stages means more racing instead of waiting for the last 10 laps.

FYI I'm not a Nascar guru.

11. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Can't stand Dillon. Blaney had the best car all week and didn't win but thems the breaks.

Surprised Larson and Truex didn't have anything for all of Speedweeks. Don't think that means anything; just was interesting.

In other news, Stenhouse, Jr. caused three major wrecks this week and no one is even talking about, which doesn't even make me mad. Just sort of amazing.

12. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Also re: Wallace.

Hard to learn anything about a racer based on Daytona. I was never super impressed with his racing in Xfinity... BUT... he is really likeable and can reach a broader audience in the sport's most famous car. Really rooting for him.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Or you get idiots blocking with 100 laps to go to win a "stage".

14. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I generally use this type of racing as a tool. I turn it on, lay on the couch, fall asleep 15 laps in, and wake up for the final 15 laps

justingroves and Volalum like this.
  15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

That's pretty well exactly how I roll.

16. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

That's fine by me. I don't care who wins or how they win. Just make it interesting.

17. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

BOOM!!!

ptclaus98 and utvol0427 like this.
  18. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

My lord, nobody talks about racing anymore. I have just started writing for On Pit Road and putting out a bunch of racing content. Anytime I post a new article I link it to my Twitter. If any of you racing fans would give me a follow that would be great @DownNDirtyTN.

Also, if you read anything I write and want to give me some constructive criticism that would be great also. I'm new to writing "professionally" so trying to find my voice is interesting.

19. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

20. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator