Racing Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by The Dooz, Jan 13, 2015.

1. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Not a good start to the Month of May.

2. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

3. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Hoping Penske gets their shit together today and Josef gets to drink the milk.

4. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Gutted for Rahal. He had the best chance he's had in years.

5. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

They did not get their shit together. Especially his garage. What a disaster of a strategy.

6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Unfortunately, my BIL, or more accurately his now wife, decide that Sunday of Memorial Day weekend would be a good day for their wedding.

For me that meant my streak of attending the Indy 500 since 1997 came to an end. Not counting last year, that’s now 2 I’ve missed in the last 30 years. And while that’s still a solid number, it hurt not being there to see Helio make history.

That said, I told my wife I’m never missing again and she has agreed.

ptclaus98 likes this.
  7. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Also, this guys needs his own commentary gig.

utvol0427 likes this.
  8. IP

IP Super Moderator

That is an incredible streak. But now you get to surpass it.

9. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

The tire that fell off of Rahal's car may be my favorite tire of all-time.

10. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I’m not really even close to the longest, nor was mine really that impressive when you hear about other people’s streaks.

Like my uncle who decided to end his at 50 straight in 2019.

11. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Also, dunno if anybody listens to the Dale Jr. download but last week and this week’s episodes are must listen.

First was Kerry Earnhardt who had a really cool story about meeting both Dales for the first time. (Side note, you could never tell they had different moms if you didn’t already know). And this week is Ty Norris who was Senior’s #2 man at DEI and it sounds like he’s going to bring some smoke.

12. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I think my buddy Chris is on something like 30, but he's an IndyCar beat writer now, so I guess it's kind of cheating.

13. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

What was that guy’s name again? I know you told me you knew him when I posted something, but I follow so many IndyCar people, Pacers people and just people that post about all things Indy. They start to run together.

I want to make sure I’m paying attention to him.

14. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Christopher DeHarde.

The Dooz likes this.
  15. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Josef seems to have taken on Tennessee luck. Two straight gut punches

16. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

17. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Music City GP roll call. I'm driving up that morning and leaving after dinner, any Nashville folks know of some good parking spots downtown by the Riverfront? I plan on showing up pretty early and I'm not planning on going in till around noon, so what's a good breakfast spot?

18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Any of you guys do Iracing? Friend of mine has gotten big into it with a rig at his house. He had no interest in the sport but now is hooked on it and works with Ally Racing as he used his nfl career and name to get involved, but tweets about his I racing so I've started to poke around

19. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Puckets, Sky Blue, sun Diner, biscuit love. And stop by 5 daughters for some $5 donuts. 100 layer glazed is worth is, as is huckleberry

20. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I’m going all three days. I’m pretty excited, having attended the NFL draft and knowing what kind of event Nashville can put on.

We are sitting in the last turn, so right when they come down the hill toward the stadium. We picked that spot because we thought we would have a good view of the start. That was also before we knew they were moving the start to the bridge.